Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
...Nothing in the OP's post is constructive or even informative. All of that information already exists here. Hundreds and even thousands of posts about recalls, issues, ownership experiences, even what can and will happen while driving an SS both positive and negative...
I hear you, jd, and think I understand your point clearly. I just respectfully disagree. That is, if you mean that if you can't add anything new to our discussions, shut up. Not everyone has been here long enough to be privy to all that's been said in that past, nor should they, in my opinion, be expected to go back and read all previous posts before commenting. I'm here to talk about Slingshots, not just read what others have said in the past. Still, I get what you're saying about the Original Poster in this thread having some rather unrealistic expectations of his Slingshot. I think they were unrealistic, too, but it doesn't bother me in the least if he wants to come here and complain about them. A forum that only allows positive comments quickly gets boring, and in fact is pretty unrealistic itself. I'm glad that on this forum we can brag, cry, moan, groan, post happy, feel-good stories or how-in-the-world-did-this-happens. Makes for an interesting place to hang out when we're not behind the wheel!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Well, I bet the OP is sitting back and grinning from ear to ear because he accomplished his goal, six pages now of controversy and folks here arguing amongst ourselves.

Good job, Donald!

The OP was totally unrealistic with his expectations of the SlingShot, and, FWIW, if a person in this day and age does not take advantage of the technology to do a bit of research before making a major purchase, then, IMO, they really have nobody but themselves to blame when these well documented common issues arise.
My post earlier on this topic: I Sold My SLINGSHOT (And Don't Miss it One Bit).

Bill

·
Registered
613 Posts
He may well have been nothing but a Troll trying to stir up a ruckus amungus. Still, I like being able to talk about the issues with our Slingshots, such as my current Brake System Failure warning light.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
He may well have been nothing but a Troll trying to stir up a ruckus amungus. Still, I like being able to talk about the issues with our Slingshots, such as my current Brake System Failure warning light.
LOL, please take this in the spirit that it is intended, if some of us seem a lil impatient at times when some topics are asked, please take into consideration of how many times such issues as the brake failure light has been discussed on this forum in the past 3+ years of ownership? ;):)

Bill

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was just curious as to who else has sold their slingshot and don't miss it one bit?
But also what made you sell it?

For Me,
1st - Recalls, Recalls, Recalls! A-K-A Inconvenience, Inconvenience, Inconvenience! A-K-A Pissed Off, Pissed Off, Pissed Off!

2nd - Build Quality!

3rd - Drew way too much attention for my liking! (Knew it going into it, But did not think it would be as bad as it was) For the one's who love attention, Have At It! "Insecurities" (Cough, Cough)!!! (Probably don't help that people very often tell me that I look like LLCool J) LOL!!! No, But Seriously THEY DO!

4th - Just not a practical vehicle (The Weather-Man ain't never right). It seemed like the weather had to be just right to really enjoy your ride, I would say between 70-80. Below 70, You're getting the SNIFFLES. Above 80, with the engine heat, You're Burning Up!

5th - I just didn't feel safe in it! Always had a fear of a deer ending up in my lap! (I live in a heavily populated deer area).

6th - Also, I have talked to many Polaris Slingshot Sales and Service reps, and not one of them owns one. Some have told me flat out that they would NEVER buy one. (I didn't bother to ask them why)

But............. It was somewhat fun to drive for the most part! but for me the Cons definitely outweighed the Pros. I'm glad I got rid of it when I could, because the colder it gets here in Michigan the harder it would've been to sell.

-A Very Happy "Previous" SLINGSHOT Owner!
If you sold your slingshot then why are you on here making posts?!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
lol,well, might as well jump from one controversy right into another! ;) Folks attempting to dictate to others which topics are relevant and which are not really bug me! If folks want to discuss a topic, even if it is growing old, abused and stale such as this one, why not just let them? Anybody no longer interested can simply just ignore the thread....................:p

Bill

·
Registered
613 Posts
LOL, please take this in the spirit that it is intended, if some of us seem a lil impatient at times when some topics are asked, please take into consideration of how many times such issues as the brake failure light has been discussed on this forum in the past 3+ years of ownership? ;):)

Bill
I understand, really! But then it is this kind of impatience with newer members that will discourage them from hanging out here. If we only want a few long time members posting here, impatience with oft-asked questions is perhaps the best single way to achieve it. If, on the other hand, we would like to see this forum grow and thrive as a community, we will welcome any and all questions, even those that have been discussed many times before. A "don't bother us, go look it up" answer is decidedly unfriendly, though a helpful link to previous pertinent conversations can be most helpful. Fine line, I know, but an important one.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
My comments were not directed at any new members of the site only the OP. He joined 3 years ago and even at that time could have learned a bit more about the toy before he decided to buy one. What I am more concerned with is how new members perceive his ridiculous post which is more like a two year old crying about how badly Polaris and his Slingshot have treated him.

I simply felt compelled to point this out as my experience has been excellent and still love this toy. Put another 200 miles on mine just last weekend. Perfect weather here.

·
Registered
613 Posts
...What I am more concerned with is how new members perceive his ridiculous post which is more like a two year old crying about how badly Polaris and his Slingshot have treated him... Put another 200 miles on mine just last weekend. Perfect weather here.
I agree, jd, though it was a bit too rainy here to put quite that many miles on mine, but we did get to spend some quality time together. Got to see a gorgeous double rainbow, too, without getting wet!

·
Registered
380 Posts

Our goal is to be a friendly community comprised of Slingshot owners and enthusiasts.

NEITHER!

Troll - def:
A person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotionalresponses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.
View attachment 170861

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
View attachment 170687

OK, there appears to be a bit of misunderstanding here so maybe if I can explain where we are coming from where the SlingShot is concerned? After being introduced to the SlingShot, and before Justina and I decided to purchase a SlingShot, there were a couple of concerns foremost on our mind, did we really want a motorcycle, well, an alternative motorcycle, and did we want to purchase a new concept vehicle right out of the chute, or wait a few years to allow the obvious bugs that would surely pop up to get worked out? After a week or so of deliberation, realizing that we were very likely setting ourselves up for a few glitches, Justina rode our March 2015 manufactured Slingshot off of the showroom floor in May of that year. Thus, we have gone through every recall, with the exception of the very first involving the steering assembly, and even though our dealer was 150 miles away, with a little forethought and planning we lost maybe 3 weeks of riding because of all combined problems that have arisen. We have found the build to be better than many other motorcycles in which we have experienced. As it being a motorcycle we expected, and planned, on being warm when it gets warm and getting wet when it rains, (it does both quite frequently here in the Pacific Northwest.) Also, as a motorcycle, as well as a toy, this pretty much ruled out most thoughts of practicality. Motorcycles are well known to be incompatible with critters on the road. As far as sales people choosing not to own one, maybe they are just smart enough to realize that it just does not fit into their lifestyle? To add just one other thing that you obviously overlooked in your list, since the SlingShot is manufactured and distributed as a motorcycle by the manufacturer, we fully realized and understood that a helmet would be required in most states.

In conclusion Donald, since you obviously also did your own research and contemplation and you still decided to purchase a SlingShot for yourself, I simply do not understand why you are coming here to us mostly happy and content owners with these complaints?

Bill
Bill, I was just curious to see who else might have sold their slingshot as well. No offense, But you look like a retiree with plenty of time on your hands.........NOT ME! You might enjoy spending hours at the dealership at any given time. I still have daily fatherly duties to do and a full time job. furthermore I'm sure this page has plenty of members who do not own a slingshot! people can just be showing interest. So if you sold your classic car "Hypothetically", Would you stop looking at them online, disassociate your self from the forums, stop going to car shows?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I don't tend to keep toys very long. Sort of always on the hunt for the next one, but I can't seem to justify getting rid of the sling shot. If I sold it I'd probably be looking at 15K, and I'd rather have my slingshot than 15K. Then I drive it, and really can't justify getting rid of it.
That's exactly where I was at, But then I got to the point where enough was enough.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I just put down on a deposit on a 201
Hey Donald You are right, Enough is Enough! { GO AWAY }
I'm going, I'm going....................................Straight To Ya Girls House.:finger::happy: You just keep riding around all hours of the night, trying to look cool in that DYSON manufactured car of yours, And I'll continue to take care of her.:p

·
Registered
86 Posts

I'm going, I'm going....................................Straight To Ya Girls House.:finger::happy: You just keep riding around all hours of the night, trying to look cool in that DYSON manufactured car of yours, And I'll continue to take care of her.:p

OH MY! :nailbiting: Dysons are pretty good sweepers!

61 - 80 of 97 Posts