Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I think everyone should just mark ignore on this thread if you disagree with the OP. Why try to defend the ss. If you like it that is all that should matter.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Most normal people that sold there slingshot would not be on here anymore as stated by numorus people. But anyway

BYE Felicia

I was just curious as to who else has sold their slingshot and don't miss it one bit?
But also what made you sell it?

For Me,
1st - Recalls, Recalls, Recalls! A-K-A Inconvenience, Inconvenience, Inconvenience! A-K-A Pissed Off, Pissed Off, Pissed Off!

2nd - Build Quality!

3rd - Drew way too much attention for my liking! (Knew it going into it, But did not think it would be as bad as it was) For the one's who love attention, Have At It! "Insecurities" (Cough, Cough)!!! (Probably don't help that people very often tell me that I look like LLCool J) LOL!!! No, But Seriously THEY DO!

4th - Just not a practical vehicle (The Weather-Man ain't never right). It seemed like the weather had to be just right to really enjoy your ride, I would say between 70-80. Below 70, You're getting the SNIFFLES. Above 80, with the engine heat, You're Burning Up!

5th - I just didn't feel safe in it! Always had a fear of a deer ending up in my lap! (I live in a heavily populated deer area).

6th - Also, I have talked to many Polaris Slingshot Sales and Service reps, and not one of them owns one. Some have told me flat out that they would NEVER buy one. (I didn't bother to ask them why)

But............. It was somewhat fun to drive for the most part! but for me the Cons definitely outweighed the Pros. I'm glad I got rid of it when I could, because the colder it gets here in Michigan the harder it would've been to sell.

-A Very Happy "Previous" SLINGSHOT Owner!

·
Registered
589 Posts
LOL, what does that say about somebody here that has never owned a SlingShot? :eek:

Bill
The guy here that never owned one probably wants one but can't afford it, justify it or get the other half to approve it. Nothing wrong with fans. They are always good for the team. How many of us enjoy having people ogle over our Slings?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
The guy here that never owned one probably wants one but can't afford it, justify it or get the other half to approve it. Nothing wrong with fans. They are always good for the team. How many of us enjoy having people ogle over our Slings?

LOL

Bill

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I think everyone should just mark ignore on this thread if you disagree with the OP. Why try to defend the ss. If you like it that is all that should matter.
Interesting comment, I thought the purpose of a forum was to have a conversation and share info. People use forums to research a product so the more info and opinion the better. As with most things unhappy users are always more vocal, I think it's important to add some balance. Aways good to have both sides of a topic discussed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Before I bought my slingshot I was on this forum watching what people say and to see the problems the sling might have. Plus I always got a laugh when someone complains about the slingshot that it’s not comfortable and it’s hot and you get wet and etc. you know my drift.

I love my sling will never sell .

But this guy did not do his homework on this beautiful toy before he bought it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Before I bought my slingshot I was on this forum watching what people say and to see the problems the sling might have. Plus I always got a laugh when someone complains about the slingshot that it’s not comfortable and it’s hot and you get wet and etc. you know my drift.

I love my sling will never sell .

But this guy did not do his homework on this beautiful toy before he bought it.
I "fondly" remember the days when it was near 100 degrees and about the same humidity and riding my HD Springer. By comparison the Slingshot is a breath of fresh air...

Reactions: Kev and jon41ma

·
Registered
613 Posts
I joined this forum to learn about owning and driving a Slingshot long before I made the decision to buy one. During that time, I read, I learned, I asked questions, I formed and expressed opinions. I still think that was a wise move. Everyone is not required to agree. However, if people like me are not welcome, I do have other options. Personally, I think we will be a better forum by including people in, rather than shutting people out.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I joined this forum to learn about owning and driving a Slingshot long before I made the decision to buy one. During that time, I read, I learned, I asked questions, I formed and expressed opinions. I still think that was a wise move. Everyone is not required to agree. However, if people like me are not welcome, I do have other options. Personally, I think we will be a better forum by including people in, rather than shutting people out.
Of course everyone should be welcome to any enthusiast forum and it should not matter if you are a present, past or future owner but hospitality only goes so far and anyone posting crap like the OP did should take a step back, think about what they are going to say for a second and decide how it will effect the majority that frequent the forum or will it even be useful? There are plenty of other outlets and social media sites where he could go and post up a rant or a laundry list of reasons why he feels his toy let him down.

The SS is not my only toy, I also have a sports car, snowmobiles, SxS's, MC's so I am a member of many of these types of forums and use them as a platform to learn and even contribute in a positive or constructive way when I have the opportunity. What I don't agree with is someone simply being a critic or posting negative crap just to garner attention or feed some underlying insecurity or need that is not being met in their life. Nothing in the OP's post is constructive or even informative. All of that information already exists here. Hundreds and even thousands of posts about recalls, issues, ownership experiences, even what can and will happen while driving an SS both positive and negative.

The title of this thread says it all. For those that think I am simply disagreeing with the OP read my original response to him. I don't disagree with anything he actually experienced with his ride. What I disagree with is the immature way he decided to address current enthusiasts and owners of the vehicle knowing full well they have a completely different experience, outlook and passion for the product.

Full disclosure. My SS is for sale at the moment. Maybe it will sell, maybe it won't. I'm not selling it because of any issues, recalls, shortcomings or even missed promises from Polaris. What I can say is that if it at any point it does sell I WILL MISS MY SS!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
A old coworker took me for a ride in his on a Sunday I looked at them On Tuesday and picked mine up Wednesday. All in the same week. Never was on the forum until a month after I bought it.it’s been over a year and still don’t have anything bad to say about them. Nothing is perfect nor nothing ever will be. They are what they are and it’s a love or hate thing and me and my wife love it.
This is a great forum for info and to get some good deals sometimes. Threads like this are good for interesting reading mainly for what people say not what the author of the thread says.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,850 Posts
My Slingshot is always up for sale...if someone offers me what I want...it's gone. Till then, I will love owning one and enjoy modding it.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,850 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm really surprised how many cry babies and fanboys are on this site. How can you really disagree with everything he said. Or even anuthing he said. I bought mine before I even saw it. They were new and exciting. Now it's just a car with 3 wheels with to much divetrain noise and a super annoying rev hang. In hindsight it's been fun. 25k worth of fun, no way. But obviously this isn't a forum for talking about negatives. so let's just pretend this is the coolest and best vehicle on the road. Anyone who doesn't think like us then you are an idiot and you need to get out of our cool kids club.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Well, there's a fix for your rev hang and drive train noise. The SS is far from perfect, just like every other toy in my garage. If you don't like the enthusiasm on a forum specific to the vehicle just put on your big boy pants and move on....

41 - 60 of 97 Posts