Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, it isnt the idle thing or the paint rolling off the edges.....They will fix the idle surge/drops and the panels dont bother me much on this vehicle, but......
Now that my Slingshot is waiting for me I called about insurance......
My State Farm agent cant cover it. They covered my Noble and my Superformance gt40. But they cant cover the 20k dollar Slingshot. Theyre not sure why, could be "too new," they said.
They referred me to a broker or something so I called him....
He said Progressive is about the only one he knows that covers the Slingshot. He seemed to be familiar with the vehicle. The quote from Progressive with standard full coverage 100k/300k was 1189 per year.
Im not paying 100 bucks a month to insure a 20k dollar vehicle.
I checked with Allstate.....Liability only with 20k/40k coverage is 38/mo, and crappy coverage w/collision is 100/mo, and good coverage like Im used to is 112/mo.
Ive insured 100k dollar semi exotic sports cars for less. My Viper isnt nearly that much.
Im not going to pay that.

I know there have been ins threads on here and I did peruse one of them but wanted to start my own and ask for some suggestions or help in a hurry because if I cant find at least "decent" coverage for a reasonable price, then I have to take a walk. I know how upsetting that would be for all of us. lol
Anyway, help me out guys....point me the way.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have Diane Gonzales' phone number from the forum and Ill give her a call tomorrow, I believe she is with Nationwide.
I just think 100+ a month is too much.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You could keep it at my house!! I'll bet insurance is cheaper if you insure it at my house in the country in Iowa than the cost of insuring it in the Chicago area!! I promise I won't ride it!! :)

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I don't have mine yet, but the quote from Nationwide had better coverage and $51/mth and could drop collision during storage months to reduce it further.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmm......I may be in again. I re did the form with Allstate and now its 850/yr. Thats better, but still pretty high.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could keep it at my house!! I'll bet insurance is cheaper if you insure it at my house in the country in Iowa than the cost of insuring it in the Chicago area!! I promise I won't ride it!! :)
Even though your name is boomerang, Im not sure id get my SS back. :)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Well guys, it isnt the idle thing or the paint rolling off the edges.....They will fix the idle surge/drops and the panels dont bother me much on this vehicle, but......
Now that my Slingshot is waiting for me I called about insurance......
My State Farm agent cant cover it. They covered my Noble and my Superformance gt40. But they cant cover the 20k dollar Slingshot. Theyre not sure why, could be "too new," they said.
They referred me to a broker or something so I called him....
He said Progressive is about the only one he knows that covers the Slingshot. He seemed to be familiar with the vehicle. The quote from Progressive with standard full coverage 100k/300k was 1189 per year.
Im not paying 100 bucks a month to insure a 20k dollar vehicle.
I checked with Allstate.....Liability only with 20k/40k coverage is 38/mo, and crappy coverage w/collision is 100/mo, and good coverage like Im used to is 112/mo.
Ive insured 100k dollar semi exotic sports cars for less. My Viper isnt nearly that much.
Im not going to pay that.

I know there have been ins threads on here and I did peruse one of them but wanted to start my own and ask for some suggestions or help in a hurry because if I cant find at least "decent" coverage for a reasonable price, then I have to take a walk. I know how upsetting that would be for all of us. lol
Anyway, help me out guys....point me the way.
Thanks
The other automotive giant, AllState, is fully insuring my SL for $44/month

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Allstate just called me from my inquiry on their website and told me they can probably beat the online price but I have to buy the vehicle before they would talk hard price with me. I dont think she knew what she was talking abt. Ive always called my State Farm agent and told him "im thinking of buying this or that, how much to insure," and he would tell me.
Ill make some phone calls tomorrow and if all fails Ill just tell them I have the vehicle and then if I dont like the deal Ill tell em to forget abt it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hmmmm......I may be in again. I re did the form with Allstate and now its 850/yr. Thats better, but still pretty high.
Hey evo, I'm looking at it as a 1 year (hopefully) "initiation" fee until the insurance companies have some history and get on board. So bend over, ante up and go get that thing!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The other automotive giant, AllState, is fully insuring my SL for $44/month
Now Stan, what kind of coverage is that?? If you run into a tree do you have ins? Thats not liability only, is it? I guess ins is a lot higher where Im at??
If I could get 44 bucks a month for decent coverage Id be all over that but I think its just higher here. Like everything else.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Now Stan, what kind of coverage is that?? If you run into a tree do you have ins? Thats not liability only, is it? I guess ins is a lot higher where Im at??
If I could get 44 bucks a month for decent coverage Id be all over that but I think its just higher here. Like everything else.
I put $10,000 down, financed the rest. So I'm required to have full comprehensive and collision. Got it all. Give 'em a call!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey evo, I'm looking at it as a 1 year (hopefully) "initiation" fee until the insurance companies have some history and get on board. So bend over, ante up and go get that thing!
Yeah, I thought about that too, but money is a bit tight for me right now.....I dont want to just throw it away.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I put $10,000 down, financed the rest. So I'm required to have full comprehensive and collision. Got it all. Give 'em a call!
I think the rates are just higher here stan. I did talk to Allstate as mentioned above. She didnt want to deal with me as I havent picked up the vehicle yet. I asked her if she thought it was prudent to nail down insurance before buying and she didnt know what I was asking and told me to call her after I buy it. Sheesh.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts