Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am already getting prepped for SSITR! It's only 3 months away! I'd love to see this event be as good as Vegas and maybe even surpass it. Kerrville is going on right now and they are expecting 200 Slingshots. I think at this point we are around 50 give or take. We have less than 90 days to double that number! I know we will have some representation from Nevada and California for sure. Go out and spread the word!

Slingshots in the Rockies : Polaris Slingshot Roadsters Forums

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I booked my room at the Comfort Inn yesterday. There are still rooms available
Yep, I booked mine today. I asked how many rooms were left...they wouldn't give me specifics but they said there is plenty of room right now. I know @ivor said he had 75 rooms blocked off for us. They usually don't last.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would be my plan, I am getting it dialed in this month, hoping to make Maggie.
This right here is reason enough for people to come out to the show! Seeing a V8 Sling is worth the price of admission!

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's May...have you signed up for SSITR yet? Like @StickerDick said on Facebook..."it's not the biggest rally, but it's definitely a bucket list item to get to."

I like to say this is the highest Slingshot Roadsters Event in the US! No pun intended...;)

·
Registered
388 Posts
I thoroughly enjoyed SSITR last year @Br4hm4 you guys were all great , the timed hill climb worked by Jeff Welter and his crew was a blast and your ride over Independence Pass where we all got out and enjoyed the snow at 12,095 ft was the ride of a lifetime ! Absolutely stunning scenery, I highly RECOMEND SSITR for the outstanding comradery, and anyone wanting to enjoy some of the most scenic rides through the Rockies this country has to offer !

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am really trying to promote this event. I hate the idea of SSITR ending like SSITA. Had I not been to a rally I would have not enjoyed the community as much and probably would have sold my slingshot a long time ago. I got 4 more people registered last night. Really want this rally to be a success.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had a nice little surge of people register the last few days. Lets keep it going! You can't find more beautiful rides anywhere else in the US.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you sick of me putting up this reminder? Good news! Only 8 more weeks of seeing me bump this up!

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok Maggie Valley is over...Now shift your focus! Come to the Highest (yes...play on words since Pot is legal in CO) Slingshot Roadster Event in the nation! The ride to Independence Pass is over 12,000 feet above sea level! 37 days away!

Attachments

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Exactly 1 month out from SSITR! Sounds like the event is growing! Not sure about the current numbers but seems like more and more people are headed up to the Rockies for the event.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
3 weeks and some change! It's going to be a great time and the best rides in the nation!

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a heads up on current fire situations here in CO. They should not impact the event in any way, shape, or form. But just wanted all those coming in from out of state to be updated on ways to avoid.

Current Wildfires | Fire Prevention and Control

The closest fires to the Event are the Weston Pass Fire and Sugarloaf fire.

The Weston Pass fire is already 10% contained and will be out in the next few days. This is only 90 min from Avon, but like I said, the fire will be out long before the event.

Sugar loaf is currently not contained. It is roughly 2 hours away, north east of Avon, so it should not impact the event. It's currently only 300 acres and is in the high tundra. Doesn't look like it's going to be a risk to anyone, standard suppression techniques are being used and firefighters are monitoring for growth.

Those that are near the Durango area, or plan on going through the Durango area en route to SSITR, this is the big fire to avoid. The 416 Fire is currently at near 42,000 Acres and is 37% contained. Since this is 4.5 hours from Avon it really shouldn't be an issue.

Air quality has been good for the most part, with some haze in the air. This time...not from the legalize weed.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
7 current fires in Colorado. Only 9 days till the show! Doesn't look like the active fires should impact the rides. I am starting think that Slingshot Shows are a friggen James Taylor song: "I've seen fire (Colorado), I've seen rain (MV), I've seen Sunny days I thought would never end (Vegas)."

Anyway...still going to be a great show. Great friends, great rides, and great times!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts