Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First dealer tried to add 6k to a SL after I gave a deposit.

Second dealer told me he was getting 7 units and the very next day changed his story to only 3. I was 6 on the list here.

Third dealer promised to get me a first arrival unit in order to take my business from the second dealer and last week told me he was selling to someone paying cash and was keeping the other because Polaris was forcing him to. He ended up jacking me for $500. I will have to start a disput with my bank.

So I called every dealer in Florida and every dealer in Southern Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia.

The trend that I notice: Most of them are full of shit and all dealers in big cities had a long list and every dealer in a small town had no more that 2 sold! I even found a dealer outside New Orleans that had no deposits yet! As of yesterday only has one. Ask for Scott.

I ended up with a deposit in Mississpi on a SL and they just got the shipping notice!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
When are they due into Mississippi

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Im just curious because of the proximity of Mississippi to Alabama. Any info would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When are they due into Mississippi
He said he got notice within the past hour that the units to his dealer are on the way. No dates. The dealer is in Laurel. He has no deposits on Base units and his second shipments of SLs are open.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
He said he got notice within the past hour that the units to his dealer are on the way. No dates. The dealer is in Laurel. He has no deposits on Base units and his second shipments of SLs are open.
Got ya. I am #1 to get a SL at my dealer in north alabama. They are going to call me the minute they get the info so I can.be there when the truck arrives. I was just curious when the truck was delivering to the MS dealers. Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Is he only getting 1 sl first? Mind sharing the info? Im in florida also and I'm getting the same BS stories from dealers. It's mainly sales man that don't wanna bother the "higher ups".

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He is getting 2 SLs as is the Miami dealer. The dealer near New Orleans was told one of each. His only deposit gets to pick when they get in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dang, I hope you didnt call my dealership and get someone that sounded like they were "full of shit" haha. Ive been doing my best to tell folks how it is...that no one really knows anything for sure. But i feel like weve done a pretty good job keeping our deposit customers informed and in the loop. If for some reason dealer number 4 falls through give me a shout haha. SS#3 is available

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Third dealer promised to get me a first arrival unit in order to take my business from the second dealer and last week told me he was selling to someone paying cash and was keeping the other because Polaris was forcing him to.
This means someone probably paid $1,000s over sticker for it. It sucks when dealers do this and when people pay it: it keeps the dealers doing it. Sorry Joker - but it sounds like you got a good deal there in Louisiana. Maybe it was all for the best!

·
Registered
152 Posts
This means someone probably paid $1,000s over sticker for it. It sucks when dealers do this and when people pay it: it keeps the dealers doing it. Sorry Joker - but it sounds like you got a good deal there in Louisiana. Maybe it was all for the best!
broward motorsports says there first batch was a bidding war to get bumped up on the list.. That is probably the only info I would take as legit from them

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
broward motorsports says there first batch was a bidding war to get bumped up on the list.. That is probably the only info I would take as legit from them
Its been a crazy purchase. lol

The other dealer in Miami was last asking for a 5k non-refundable deposit plus you had to leave it the the show room for 2 weeks. The same deal my last dealer tried to offer me.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had one lady tell me that their Polaris rep said they would get the 1st unit in the nation! She didn't have a date yet but she sounded so proud in saying it. It was funny to tell her I watched a video trucks being unloaded in California yesterday followed by owner videos and pictures.

Several dealers told me that they were very special and a high priority compared to others in the state and that they would get the second shipment before anyone else.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I suggest doing what I did. Cancel any deposit you have anywhere in Florida and follow the lead of "Slobbering Fits" and buy from Jim at Best Buy Motorsports in Fort Pierce. Honest as they come. Str8 MSRP, no funny biz and he is getting shipments and filling orders. Rather be #13 on an honest and moving list, then #1 with a prick dealer who thinks the slingshot is his ticket to the high life.lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
I will post verification, but the word is that the above dealer is getting three in today. That would mean his list is moving. I would go from #13 to #8 then. (third in line for base model). We shall see. Hopefully Polaris rewards those that placed deposits with honest dealers, only time will tell . . .

·
2,333 Posts
Please do, I am also patiently waiting on the call from Jim ......

I take it this is the delivery he was promised was going to be there Tuesday ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts