Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I currently own a 2016 SL with 4K miles and love it. I've done a fair amount of mods including LED underflow, LED interior, battery jumper posts, rear fender , rear spoiler and a radar detector plus a few small others.

Alas, Ive got the bug to replace it with a 2018 or 2019 SLR.

My questions to my esteemed SS family members:

1- What is a realistic price for a 2018 & 2019 SLR?
2- What is my 2016 SS worth as a trade and/or sold privately?

Bear in mind I live in S. FL where riding the SS is virtually year round.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
Barry

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I believe some folks have managed to buy one or two year-old SLR Slingshots for a little more than the Base model list price. Keep in mind that they generally haven't restricted themselves to dealers local to their location to find such good prices.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I would think your '16 would sell outright in the $14-15K range. The extras help sell it but you won't get much or anything for them. You always lose in a trade since the dealer has to make money on it afterwards. It is a convenient way to do it tho and I've done my last two buys by trading my old one.When I traded the Vanderhall for the SLR I coughed up $4K cash, but it was quick and easy. Go check out some local dealers and see what they can do for you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I owned a 2015 and currently own a 2018 SLR LE. The one thing I found when I switched to the SLR is that it has saved me a lot of money on mods. Besides floor mats I honestly feel like it was good enough out of the box for me. Like @EjFord I have become a "modless one". The trade in on my 2015 was around 16K last year. Not a great return but if I deduct the daily grin from ear to ear that i got when I drove it I got money's worth and then some out of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts