Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I currently own a 2016.5 SL with 4,300 miles. In terms of Mods, I have a few and I know they don't add much to the value. I have;
Wing
Lots of LEDs
Extended battery terminals
Hidden Whistler radar detector
Always on rear cam
Paramount 2.0 fender
Fuse box
Mats

Mint condition, dealer serviced and up to date. Always garaged, never driven in the rain

I have a bug to upgrade to either a 2018 or 2019 SLR with Bilstein shocks. The promotion on a18 is 2.99% for 60 months, 5 year "limited warranty" or $2,000 rebate.

The MSRP with the shocks is just under $32K.

My question is what is a realistic price? How much of a discount off the msrp should I expect?

Thanks for the guidance.

Ride safe,
Barry

·
Registered
88 Posts
Buy the Bilstein and spring package for your current model. You will thank yourself later for not spending more money and gain little. Save your money. This urge will pass.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Copied from SlingShotInfo.com and modified for this forum:

Let's see, you may get $15,000 on the open market for your 2016.5 today, a what, $10,000 dollar loss over what you paid for it new? The SlingShot that you are planning on replacing it with @ $32,000 is an additional $17,000 dollars, + your $10,000 loss = an additional $27,000 and we have yet to add the mods replacements? On top of that you will also loose an additional $2-$3,000 as soon as you ride it off of the lot. $30,000 plus is a lot of money for upgraded shocks, I think "Dennis Tapp" has the best recommendation! :)

Bill

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
If you aren't stuck on the available colors or a specific option only available on the SLR, consider buying an SL model and adding the shocks yourself for less than $1000. SlingMods is currently offering a new coilover line for just over $600 and any aftermarket coilover will be better than the Polaris stock coilovers on the Slingshot S or SL. Given the $4000 price difference between the SL and the SLR, you should still save money buying the SL and adding aftermarket coilovers and aftermarket wheels and tires to match the SLR sizes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts