Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sitting around today with nothing to do except think about unicorns and sasquatches (Sasquatchi?) Any way, I haven't heard anything from my dealer since a couple weeks ago when I called to ask if his display was up, which it wasn't. When I asked about " No display, no delivery" he said that it was not necessary to have the display up for them to be delivered. (Dbag point #1). So I decide to take the half hour ride there to see if it was up and to confront him about what all the dealers here are saying about no display, no delivery. I pull up and this is what I see:
both ss.jpg
parked in front of the store. The asshole couldn't have even called me to let me, his #2 customer, know that he had a couple of displays if I wanted to take a look at them. (Dbag Point #2). I go inside and talk to the owner and confirm that they were just display models. I say it would have been nice if you told me they were here and he responds " well, uh, er, em, Polaris really doesn't want us showing them, they are for PR purposes and Polaris stores them here. They pick them up to be shown at different events and then they bring them back here and we store them. I respond, "Oh you mean like when it was shown a couple of weeks ago in Philadelphia and I had to travel and hour and 45 minutes to go see it there?". More uh, er, em's. I didn't want to get into it more with him so I ask when he's gonna put up his display and he says "oh we already put it up, took pictures of it and took it back down because part of the agreement with Polaris is to have the display up before they ship the machines" so I guess something changed in the last two weeks??? (Dbag point#3). "It's going to be set up in our new building after the first of the year." So a couple of weeks ago, it wasn't necessary to have it up and now it is?
He also told me when I put my deposit down over two months ago that they were not charging over MSRP because, "they were not that kind of dealership" yet he's charging for shipping "what polaris charges them, $1200" which we all know is bullshit and that it's really $960, (Dbag point #4). I really wish there was a dealer close to me that was as honest as the ones that participate on this forum and not this guy. It irks me to no end that I still have to be cordial with this guy too in case I need warranty work done.
Speaking of warranty work, I found this sheet in the glovebox:
problem sheet.jpg
I assume it is a list of all the problems that that particular machine had. I'm hoping that this isn't an indicator of the build quality of the SS's and that they are due to the machine being a pre-production unit. Sorry my finger is in the way at the top, it was windy and I was trying to be quick with the camera. The bill of lading was also in the glove box:
bol.jpg
and the insurance card
ins card.jpg
Finally I ask him when they are due to be delivered he said that he's hearing different things from different company people but most say within a couple of weeks. That's probably, and I only say probably, the only straightforward thing he told me. So if anyone in the area wants to see them they are Rollin Fast Motorsports 104 Main St. Lebanon NJ 08833. You better be sneaky about it though, Polaris doesn't want them to be on display. (Yeah right)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Maybe all manufacturers should try this new marketing concept...... hide their products! Thanks for sharing your experience & understandible frustration.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
SS, isn't this the dealer arizonapaul just showed a post from their social media of two SLs parked on the lot!?
They're clearly showcasing them!

·
Registered
621 Posts
This SS debut is becoming harder to deal with by the day!
Certainly they (Polaris and the dealers) could and should do better.
They are leveraging obvious excitement and initial demand over customer relations. This may (should?) come back to bite them where it hurts.... if the initial excitement becomes encumbered by quality issues and dealer issues.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they have 2sl models from the picture on instagram. both red ones in the pictures, does that mean they have a 3rd, the grey one
SS, isn't this the dealer arizonapaul just showed a post from their social media of two SLs parked on the lot!?
They're clearly showcasing them!
Exactly the ones, he posted that in response to my post in the Northeast thread

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe all manufacturers should try this new marketing concept...... hide the product behind the building! Thanks for sharing your experience & understandible frustration.
Actually, they were right out front. It's a really small dealership there is no way they could fit a 600 sq ft display just for the SS's and still have room for all the other stuff they had. I guess that's why they are moving to a new building nearby

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
SS, The 'problem sheet' is too small and I can't seem to read it. Do you have a breakdown of the problems?

Glad he's not my dealer but --- who knows --- there may be two sitting there as well!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sucks. So is he saying you have a new price that's $1200 higher than the agreed on price? You sure you can't find another dealer within driving distance?
No, I knew from the get go he was charging $1200 for shipping. Then I found out here the real cost was $960. I posted previously that I will try to negotiate this down due to his statement, "we only charge what Polaris charges us" and also when we come down to hard numbers on my trade. He gave me the price he would pay for my bike as $11K and that was out of his NADA book. I finally added up the cost of all my add ons which comes to about $5k. I didn't haggle then but will when it come time to sign on the line

·
Registered
267 Posts
sumthang wong here. dealer has 3 in stock, 2 reds and 1 grey, doesn't want to showcase them, but puts picks on instagramn. and being that there are 2 red ones, someone is not telling the truth. maybe he sold it for big bucks and is trying to hide it.
they can run, but they cannot hide. Why doesnt one of you call the dealership and get the story right from the (jackass's (horses) mouth.)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SS, The 'problem sheet' is too small and I can't seem to read it. Do you have a breakdown of the problems?

Glad he's not my dealer but --- who knows --- there may be two sitting there as well!
"Swap out vic locksets. Had 50 samples for PB build, rework VIN's 97-121. 500 pcs due 6/13"
"clockspring brkt too narrow for SAS pin"
"swap tach for speedo, installed oppositely, rework VINs 15-39. Tach should be on right, speedo on left. Reflash SW too"
"need p/n for edge seal for footwell structured"
" "
"swap for forward facing exhaust pipe and new catalyst; 1262575=ASM-RESONATOR is old p/n"
"Replace the lock and plug into correct port, Port D, Reflash"
"Radio reflash"
"fix rear underside plastic, gaps between it and taillights"
"Bezel, Bin, Titanium install on units, timing delivery issue, have parts in stock"
"new Rev parts coming in to close gaps to rear deck. Order coloras needed; -602 for titanium, -676 for red pearl"
"Windshield-replace with better part"
"Mount-Windshield- replace with better part; under redesign- old p/n 5260329-463"
"do we need to account for these if we're just not going to build with them until we get the nose cones? Correct polaris US Nose Cone"
"Badge Lettering, SL, Fin- Behind because of ID/Supplier miscommunication"
"Adding LOGO IN NOSE-Canada"
"May need new PN- cruise control switch sticking issue"
"Rear reflector LH- replace due to use of bad tape"
"Rear reflector RH- replace due to use of bad tape"
"MNT-Windshield BACKPLATE- needed underneath visor for windshield support bracket"

Then hand written:
" Change to 0 degree camber"
"Turn signal won't cancel"
"Cruise won't speed up shuts off when attempted"
"Steering wheel not straight when going straight"

There are no dates on sheet just handwritten at the top "#51". I have no idea what about half of this means so can't help you there

1 - 20 of 74 Posts