Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer i ordered my SS from northstar powersports in hermitage pa.
Sent me the second newsletter about the sling shot. It is very tastefully done and lets his customers know about how the process is coming.

The good news is his display and apparel is on its way and will be installed next week. And then.....well you all know what we hope comes next!

oh by the way did I mention I'm excited!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Reminds me of the three guys sitting at McDonald's.
First guy says he has an awful time trying to pee in the morning.
Second guy says his problem is trying to take a dump in the morning.
Third guy says he has no problem at all. Every morning he pees and takes a dump at 7 a.m. He just wishes he woke up before 7.30 a.m.!

·
Registered
796 Posts
My dealership, Louisiana Power Sports in Bossier City, hasn't done anything but take my money. No updates, feedback, brochures, expected dates, etc. Zilch. Nada. Cudos to Northstar Powersports for proving they care, and genuinely want your business. And are willing to earn it!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Slingshot fans:

This is the second issue of a newsletter dedicated to those who crave the not so straight open road.

The Polaris Slingshot is, without a doubt, one of the hottest topics in power sports today, on and off the internet.

You are receiving this email newsletter because you have expressed an interest in the Polaris Slingshot.

If you have any questions concerning the Slingshot I will also try to answer them. Just email me at [email protected].

September 26 Slingshot update.

If you read the last newsletter it explained the steps that will happen prior to the shipments of Slingshots.

Today we received notice that our display equipment has shipped and we should expect it in 3 to 5 days. That should mean we will have our display by Wednesday of next week. We should then have our showroom ready to receive our shipment of Slingshots as well as apparel and accessories by the end of next week. Once that is done we will be just waiting, like you, for our first shipment of vehicles.

Q&A

WHEN can I see one? Answer: Northstar will host a special after hours private showing of the Slingshot within 72 hours after arrival of our first Slingshot. The invite to this event will be transmitted by email to our customers as soon as we know. Be sure to watch your emails.

WHEN can I ride in one? Answer: We plan to provide demo rides to serious, interested parties in the days that follow the delivery of our first RED Slingshot. Rides will have to be scheduled in advance.

WHEN can I get one?

How can I order one? Answer: We are accepting orders for Slingshots now. We have already taken orders beyond our first 3 so I suggest that you get your order in quickly if you want yours before the winter season. To order, we will need a $2000 deposit. If financing is needed we will need an approved loan application prior to delivery. Please stop in or call our Northstar Sales department at 724 962 6001 option 1.

If you have any questions that you want to ask us. I will answer what I can and try to find out what I don’t know.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also when you call my dealer now it says that the answering phone speech welcome to Polaris slingshot sales or something like that I got all excited

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
$2K Deposit? That's a little steep. I have ordered sleds, bikes, cars, trucks, SUV's, boat and never put down more than a $500 deposit for any of them. Why not make the deposit $10K? What if you take a test ride and decide you do not want to purchase? Seems like a lot of money going back and forth. Also, my dealers have always taken credit cards as a form of deposit. They eat the fees. Not sure he would want to pay the fees on $2K so assume you have to cut a check for this?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That might be a polaris thing because i have seen a few dealers required big deposits.

I want mine so bad I'd pay the whole thing in full if it meant I could have it today:).

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hello Slingshot fans:

This is the second issue of a newsletter dedicated to those who crave the not so straight open road.

The Polaris Slingshot is, without a doubt, one of the hottest topics in power sports today, on and off the internet.

You are receiving this email newsletter because you have expressed an interest in the Polaris Slingshot.

If you have any questions concerning the Slingshot I will also try to answer them. Just email me at [email protected].

September 26 Slingshot update.

If you read the last newsletter it explained the steps that will happen prior to the shipments of Slingshots.

Today we received notice that our display equipment has shipped and we should expect it in 3 to 5 days. That should mean we will have our display by Wednesday of next week. We should then have our showroom ready to receive our shipment of Slingshots as well as apparel and accessories by the end of next week. Once that is done we will be just waiting, like you, for our first shipment of vehicles.

Q&A

WHEN can I see one? Answer: Northstar will host a special after hours private showing of the Slingshot within 72 hours after arrival of our first Slingshot. The invite to this event will be transmitted by email to our customers as soon as we know. Be sure to watch your emails.

WHEN can I ride in one? Answer: We plan to provide demo rides to serious, interested parties in the days that follow the delivery of our first RED Slingshot. Rides will have to be scheduled in advance.

WHEN can I get one?

How can I order one? Answer: We are accepting orders for Slingshots now. We have already taken orders beyond our first 3 so I suggest that you get your order in quickly if you want yours before the winter season. To order, we will need a $2000 deposit. If financing is needed we will need an approved loan application prior to delivery. Please stop in or call our Northstar Sales department at 724 962 6001 option 1.

If you have any questions that you want to ask us. I will answer what I can and try to find out what I don’t know.
I like the fact that this dealer is communicating with his customer base.

It does not have to be "Special Report" news. It's just letting you know that he is aware that you have put a deposit down, is keeping in touch with you with whatever news he has.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
That might be a polaris thing because i have seen a few dealers required big deposits.

I want mine so bad I'd pay the whole thing in full if it meant I could have it today:).
My dealer was also $500.00, its definitely not a Polaris thing, but I agree would've paid what ever they wanted.
I actually tried to put down several thousand but they wouldn't take it. He had explained that the bigger the deposit the more they have to give to the credit card companies so they stopped doing it.

Your dealer is pretty awesome to keep their customers up to date like this!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I like the fact that this dealer is communicating with his customer base.

It does not have to be "Special Report" news. It's just letting you know that he is aware that you have put a deposit down, is keeping in touch with you with whatever news he has.
Hey Polaris, take a lesson from one of your dealers. This is called "customer service". Give us an official update on what's going on. We love you but you have not written us in a long time. We know you are busy making all those SlingShots. But, just a hi, how you doin' letter. Would make us feel much better.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My dealer also required a $500 fully refunded deposit. But tried to talk me out of it unless I was 100 % sure. I said I was sure and committed and have sent additional $$ in just to knock down the final payments. However, no words, no newsletter, no phone calls. I have called several times just to get a feel for when I should start applying for loan etc. But the dealer is rather laid back and says he will call me when they let him know that the SS are shipping out. Could be tomorrow, could be middle of winter. No one seems to know. Seems funny way to run a business. It may be an awesome machine, but customer relations/service is lacking. Reminds me of the haydays of Harley with a two year waiting list. They would not give you the time of day since they could sell every bike that came into the show room. And I bought a few! However, I never forgot the rude behavoir and have switched my discresionary spending to companies who are more customer friendly. I hope Polaris does not go down this same path. Because the ride at the top is short lived and customers don't forget.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
I want to see the news letter. I haven't seen it

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts