Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I was going to be OK with waiting on Maryland to work its issues out with Polaris, it is winter here anyway and I have an Impala Convertible to sell, but all these new reviews are making me anxious! I am pretty mellow in general, I have been around a long time and very few things get me off kilter.

I was thinking in the back of my mind, if the SS is still not legal by May, I will by a perfect chrome bumper C3 Corvette Convertible and be just as happy. Of all the cars i have owned those have been some of the most fun over the years. Now even that idea is no longer appealing! I have always known that old cars, no matter how pristine or well restored they are, are a pain in the ass. They weren't very good when they were new and today they are just poorly designed 40 year old machines. Yes, they can be fun but they can never be new car reliable and new car fun unless you change every aspect of the old car.

Giving Maryland time and slack to work out this issue is getting harder and harder especially when the exclusion is totally without warrant and simply based on one person's inability to grasp the concept of two seats the are side by side and not front to back.

The recent reviews have cemented in my mind my next toy is a Slingshot, now I just have to figure out how to convince the commies here in Maryland it will not go out on its own and randomly kill school children and nuns because it has side by side seating. Frustrating!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Hang in there Bigfoot! I'm positive the states will come around sometime after the first of the year! Maryland has had a bit of a habit of waiting until the last moment to change anything.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Believe me it's worth the wait.
I was a whining little asshat the last couple weeks i will admit it.

I've owned some expensive amazing cars old and new. The slingshot is more fun than any of them. With lots of room to mod and make it become plain nasty.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I totally feel for your guys. Slingshot is for everyone.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I totally feel for your guys. Slingshot is for everyone.

A-men Kip
Believe me it's worth the wait.
I was a whining little asshat the last couple weeks i will admit it.

I've owned some expensive amazing cars old and new. The slingshot is more fun than any of them. With lots of room to mod and make it become plain nasty.
How right you are 2424, pure fun on steroids.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts