Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Items that were not part of the SL package.
If they aren’t listed as an option when configuring the machine, they would be accessories. Much like items you would buy aftermarket. Install them yourself and save the install labor cost and have the pride of doing it yourself, or pony up the money to have it done. Seems pretty simple to me.

·
Registered
2022 ULTRA BLUE SL, 2022 GHOST GRAY S
2 Posts
I’ve bought 2 slingshots this year and on my S model I ordered what I thought were factory installed options only to find out there is no such thing as far as Polaris is concerned. I too ended up paying for the installation of my factory ordered (at the same time the vehicle was ordered) “accessories” albeit at a reduced price. Polaris and their authorized sellers (the dealerships) need to explain upfront their unique process as most of us are used to ordering factory installed options on cars and not being directly charged for their installation at the factory or dealership. It’s good and bad to find out I’m not the only one this happened too.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I looked through the build area on the Polaris site and most, maybe all, items mention about it being “plug and play”, “installs in place of” or says where it installs. That tells me it is not a factory installed item. But rather an accessory that you will install or pay the dealer to. Remember, read the description and when in doubt, ask before placing the order.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I’ve bought 2 slingshots this year and on my S model I ordered what I thought were factory installed options only to find out there is no such thing as far as Polaris is concerned. I too ended up paying for the installation of my factory ordered (at the same time the vehicle was ordered) “accessories” albeit at a reduced price. Polaris and their authorized sellers (the dealerships) need to explain upfront their unique process as most of us are used to ordering factory installed options on cars and not being directly charged for their installation at the factory or dealership. It’s good and bad to find out I’m not the only one this happened too.
If something needs to be ordered in addition to the original package then it will be an extra charge for installation. Additional accessories added on to the original package are dealer installed and cost extra. This has gone for our SlingShot and when we purchased our newest pickup.

Bill

21 - 26 of 26 Posts