Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so we went to order our slingshot SL ( We did by the way) But as we saw on websit for Polaris we added some accessories. The dealership was charging us for the installation to me it made no sense because why would we be charged for labor for something comping from factory.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Ok so we went to order our slingshot SL ( We did by the way) But as we saw on websit for Polaris we added some accessories. The dealership was charging us for the installation to me it made no sense because why would we be charged for labor for something comping from factory.
You might want to check around with other dealers!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Is the factory installing the added accessories, or the dealer? I am thinking the dealer?

Bill

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
It makes sense to me that if you buy an accessory there is a cost for it, and if you have them install it, there is a labor charge for that, whether it's the factory or dealer. If you think the labor is too high, your choice would be to find someone else or do it yourself.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would think if a vehicle is ordered from the factory with available accessories that the accessorues would include installation in yhe price. Learn something everyday.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I got a Slingshot SL in March Same thing they wanted to Change me to, So I installed everything myself Super Easy If you need help let me know.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I ordered my 2022 R December 8th with a fender but polaris sent the fender to my dealer Jan 16th and I paid them labor to install it when my Slingshot came May 16th.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My dealer charged me labor to install the options on mine too

·
Registered
8 Posts
We are having a similar issue with our dealer. We got our new SS and decided to upgrade to heated/cooled seats. Our dealer ordered them and we paid for them. Yesterday, they called to tell us they had arrived and installation charges would be $700+.....Needless to say, we have a call in to the manager to find out about that...:-(

·
Banned
141 Posts
We are having a similar issue with our dealer. We got our new SS and decided to upgrade to heated/cooled seats. Our dealer ordered them and we paid for them. Yesterday, they called to tell us they had arrived and installation charges would be $700+.....Needless to say, we have a call in to the manager to find out about that...:-(
Why would anyone assume the installation would be free? Really?🤦‍♂️

1 - 20 of 26 Posts