Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made a set up using fiberglas .
Sadly that's skills, tools, and supplies I don't have available.

That is just about exactly what I'm looking for though. I do prefer it to match the texture of the "stripes" on the hood though.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Do you have a piece of OEM plastic left on the Slingshot? Love watching you go thru the changes to your great machine.
Hmmmmm..LOL Not One Piece.. After the body will cut the dash board up and make it a smoothy.. Next project.
But like to know others enjoy what I do.. But this will be the last time doing this.
At 67 getting tired of all the fiberglassing and itchy skin and eyes..LOL
But really thank you for your watching and words..

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,819 Posts
Sounds like there's no after-market solution.

Thanks guys!
I know I have seen some come out in the last few years. It's not a highly sought after mod, so I don't know how fast they actually it takes to make and put to market. If anyone would know about the possibility of it being able to be done...it would be some of the OG folks like Painter, Slingrzr, and some people you can find on the other site that can't be named here.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I may sell my cut down rear fin and the pieces under roll bars that have raised boxes removed..
I do not see myself ever using them again..
But I will hold on to them until first of year just to make sure ..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Harleyujoe! nice looking work can you tell me where you got the dual exhaust? does it take away ground clearance? again nice work!

·
Registered
566 Posts
It is Welter rear exhaust and does not take away ground clearance..
Every once in a while he runs specials and you may want to check his site.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I know last year fellow bought my Alpha Side exhaust and wanted the rear exhaust and after he purchased
Jeff Welter offered 500 off the rear exhaust and I e mailed person and they bought rear exhaust.
And it is a well made exhaust .. Just remember if you have a N/A Slingshot and you are even thinking
adding a turbo or S/C do it before purchasing Welter Rear Exhaust..
Or you are just throwing money away.

You are talking 2" tubing vs 2 1/2" exhaust size.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I may sell my cut down rear fin and the pieces under roll bars that have raised boxes removed..
I do not see myself ever using them again..
But I will hold on to them until first of year just to make sure ..
If you removed the fin, do you still have the Slingshot letters? I’m looking for 2 “T”s to change mine to “stingshot.” I’ll pay a reasonable price. [email protected]

·
Registered
566 Posts
It is winter here in NJ and they may be in garage somewhere..LOL ..Or I may have sold them when I got rid of everything laying around.
Will have to look in Spring.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts