Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Canadian models will have a review mirror as it is required. Not like it is going to do much good from the dash as all you going to see is that shark fin or maybe the good looking female riding beside you... Maybe a mirror isn't such a bad idea....

·
Registered
843 Posts
Canadian models will have a review mirror as it is required. Not like it is going to do much good from the dash as all you going to see is that shark fin or maybe the good looking female riding beside you... Maybe a mirror isn't such a bad idea....
The back of the SS is pretty high...you think we can see something in the rear?

·
Registered
843 Posts
They put rear Mirror in the T-Rex but the only thing we see is the engine...lol...every owner have removed it, except for ladies need to look her lipstick...but for last 2-3 years i think Campagna don't put them anymore.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right, so if you put a screen on the center of the dash - like where a mirror would go - that is connected to a camera on the back of the SS it will be like having a mirror in the center of the dash.

Not just a camera for backing up but on full time.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Right, so if you put a screen on the center of the dash - like where a mirror would go - that is connected to a camera on the back of the SS it will be like having a mirror in the center of the dash.

Not just a camera for backing up but on full time.
Can you show that? Curious of what kind of stuff is that? Never hear that!

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Imagine this but instead of the map on the screen it is showing you the picture from a camera mounted at the rear of the SS - all the time - just like a rear view mirror would be.

ssmount1.jpg

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will be mounting a Contour+2 camera or GoPro Hero3+ on the back of the SS. I will live stream the video it is taking to a device (probably a 7" ipad) which will be mounted on the dash and wirelessly synced to the camera. Both cameras have apps that allow you to control the camera to include power on/off etc.

I will run the charge cable from the camera to the power receptacle between the seats.

This will also give me an extra camera to mount anywhere on the vehicle (or other vehicles, POV, etc.) when I want another video from a different angle.

There are probably other ways to skin this cat but I think this will give me the ability to use the camera for other things as well. Plus I can take it off and not use it if I want or remove it so it doesn't get stolen.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
That's a cool mount. I am leaning towards an android device just because of the form factor (16x9 vs. 16x10) as well as size.

I may pull the trigger on a larger phablet (phone tablet) so that I can use it for both the car and the camera. I believe the new Samsung's are weather resistant (certified ip67) so that might be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I will be mounting a Contour+2 camera or GoPro Hero3+ on the back of the SS. I will live stream the video it is taking to a device (probably a 7" ipad) which will be mounted on the dash and wirelessly synced to the camera. Both cameras have apps that allow you to control the camera to include power on/off etc.
Wow Tango this is awesome, I was just reading up on camera setups. I am thinking with the amount of attention the SS is going to have along with passing video on to other users this would be a great investment.
I was just seriously thinking of purchasing the Chase Cam DVR setup.
http://www.chasecam.com
However, they just started releasing their new PDR Pro that looks pretty incredible and very cutting edge. More of what your talking about as far as streaming to another device at the same time.

It look like you could easily hide these cameras and have nice video feeds for added security plus the other capabilities it would offer.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow Tango this is awesome, I was just reading up on camera setups. I am thinking with the amount of attention the SS is going to have along with passing video on to other users this would be a great investment.
I was just seriously thinking of purchasing the Chase Cam DVR setup.
http://www.chasecam.com/store/
However, they just started releasing their new PDR Pro that looks pretty incredible and very cutting edge. More of what your talking about as far as streaming to another device at the same time.

It look like you could easily hide these cameras and have nice video feeds for added security plus the other capabilities it would offer.
Post up a write-up if you do it. I would love to hear how it turns out. I have some experience with the Contour/apps/etc. but have never seen this setup you are researching.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For all of you who want to use a touch screen device in the SS, be advised that water makes the screen think you're touching it. Even if the device is water resistant, it will be going crazy when it rains.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts