Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visit the forum throughout the day so I don't need email notifications.

I went into my profile and turned off email alerts, and went to the threads I'm subscribed to (which I didn't knowingly do) and gone to the bottom, selected "more options" , and unchecked "watch this thread.../and receive email notifications.

Maybe the latter isn't sticking, as there doesn't seem to be away to accept the choices, just back out.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that's weird - for the very first time, after I unchecked the options for this thread, the page refreshed itself and the boxes showed as unchecked; on every other thread when I select "more options" they've been checked by default.

·
Registered
46 Posts
At the top right, click "alerts", then "alert preferences". You can then make selections on when you receive thread alerts. I think the trick is to unselect the option to receive alerts on watched threads.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the top right, click "alerts", then "alert preferences". You can then make selections on when you receive thread alerts.
I think the trick is to unselect the option to receive alerts on watched threads.
I think that may be right; the question then is how are they getting to be watched, as I'm not intentionally doing anything to designate them as such.

Either other people know the answer but don't want to share, or they don't mind getting dozens of emails per day.

Thanks

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I couldn't get it to stop, so all the emails go directly into the trash. I am sure if the mods want to get in touch with me that I will get a message in this interface.

·
Registered
46 Posts
yeah, I gave out false information earlier. I clicked on the "disable all emails" at the bottom of one of the emails and it is now stopped. Probably does the same thing Nines mentioned above.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually Alerts are different then the email on replies. You can disable the email alerts under the browsing preferences. See attached.
Thanks!

For others wanting to do this, you get to Browsing Preferences by clicking on your name at the upper right of the page, then on the page that takes you to, on the left click on Settings/Preferences.

The only way I see to unwatch a thread is to submit a reply after selecting "more options" , and uncheck "watch this thread.../and receive email notifications."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts