Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How I prevent Admirers from sitting in my Titanium-Grey SlingShot and taking my helmets! The web site for this strap is www.lockstrapsstorefront.com. This one is model # L101, lists for $39.95, bought on EBay for $30.18, free shipping, no tax from Limited Goods, [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Nice but Im wrapping my exposed tubes in leather before I start hooking big metal hoops on them .

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am a little confused by all the concerns expressed over people doing harm , stealing the SS or helmets, I have been ridng motorycles since 1955 all over North America and never have I had someone steal a helmet (when it became law ) nor have I ever seen anyone get on any of my bike without my O.K. my wife and I have travelled to Sturgis --the MECCA OF very HIGH PRICED bikes and have never see a stranger get on a persons bike witihout permission, we have owned various convertables and again no-one has gotten in just to see what it was like

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I don't get anal about it, but I don't want to hand it to them on a silver platter either the losers that will take your stuff.
I haven't seen much of it if at all around the motorcycling crowd, it's elsewhere that things might happen. I'm not as concerned with someone sitting in it as removing items.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I used to leave my keys in my Gold Wings at MC events but never at a shopping mall. Most riders respect each others property, not so much with John Q Public.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am going to use the same thing that I use on all my bikes, the lock that comes with every gun purchase. perfect to strap the helmets down. and its free

·
Registered
157 Posts
A bit of an update to my previous post In the Canadian Owners Manual pages 35/36 are instructiond for activating the security system, in Canada we usuallly refer the system as an Immobilizer mandated on all new vehicles sold up here in the last few years

·
Registered
508 Posts
I wish they mandate that option here in the U.S. for the Slingshot. Unless it's already built into the stock SL model already for the U.S. and just simply code it in to activate the Immobilizer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts