Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOW THAT WE KNOW FOR SURE MOST OF US WON'T BE GETTING OUR TOYS BEFORE THE SNOW FLIES,ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS OF HOW WE GET THESE THINGS OFF THE GROUND SO WE CAN WORK ON THEM,CHANGE OIL,TIRES,BRAKES,TRANS FLUID ETC.
I HAVE A AUTO CHASSIS LIFT TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE IT.
ANY IDEAS? 20141020_061715.jpg

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Im thinking we can find lift points and use our lifts to raise it.

Spyder2.jpg

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've got a mid-rise scissors lift with adjustable lift arms. If I had a taller ceiling in my garage I'd get a two column hoist.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
During the Spirit Lake, IA Slingshot tour I had asked if they had to order new vehicle carriers for the SS production line. He explained that they are using slightly modified Ranger carriers but they work very well. Those carriers hold the vehicles by the frame, but they lift them any way they need to. The only initial production setback they had was a good dyno tune testing area.

Polaris Production line.jpg

·
Registered
105 Posts
During the Spirit Lake, IA Slingshot tour I had asked if they had to order new vehicle carriers for the SS production line. He explained that they are using slightly modified Ranger carriers but they work very well. Those carriers hold the vehicles by the frame, but they lift and spin them any way they need to. The only initial production setback they had was a good dyno tune testing area.

View attachment 1654
The carriers don't spin but they are the old carriers for the Rangers with a different interface on them. It is cool to see the line with all the Slingshots in a row like some kind of awesome roller coaster (that moves really really slow...).

The dyno is interesting too as it is set up specifically for the Slingshot. Individual rollers for each tire exactly where they should be and each bike is run up to 80 mph.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Two post there is enough frame that you can get on and get a good balance going on. I saw that they had a table lift at the end of the line where they were putting hoods on. Probably good for somethings but I would think something like that would block a lot of what you might want to work on underneath.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Those carriers they have for those are pretty sweet. Just a strip of magnet or something similar on the floor and they go where they need to when they are supposed to. I wonder how much each one of those cost?...

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
that is true you silly RABTECH, but Spyders are for the elderly (crap i feel a but chewing coming out now) sorry i am not a fan, now offense all
I'm 42. And I ride a Super Duke 1290r. I like whatever gets me from point a to point b. My wife liked the Spyder so I bought it. I have it for sale now. She likes the SS better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those of you looking for a lift to be able to work on the Slingshot and other type of all track vehicles, Girolift in Québec, which I'm a sales representative, built this lift just for those kind of products. The 2 arms can be move closer or wider, either to work on a Skidoo, a 3 wheels or 4 wheels. It is, like our lifts, 100% hydraulic: No cables, no chains or pulleys. If you want more information, you can reach me at [email protected].

Hope this can interest you, have a nice day all!!

LF1VR - POLARIS SLINGSHOT - 02.jpg

1 - 20 of 31 Posts