Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an OBD2 plug on my 2016 ss? I have an engine light on and would like to check code and clear it. Im not sure how to figure it out. Most vehicles have the plug but not sure about these. Looks like the 169 dollar manual might be a good investment.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
No obdII port. To check the code, use the mode button on the dash to toggle through the mileage, trip odomenter, outside temp etc until you get the check engine displayed and hold the button in for a few seconds. It will display the fault code then. To clear the codes requires the digital wrench to be hooked up to the diagnostic connector and cleared either by your Polaris dealer or someone who has this equipment (almost nobody outside of the dealer does as polaris does not sell them to the general public)

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Your cheapest best is Digital Wrench at the dealership.

There is a aftermarket option to for around $350 too. See info on website below...

OBD Diagnostics

I think @RABTECH is using this and is pretty happy on it's functionality.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Often, if it is a bogus code, unplugging the 3 plugs on the ECU and letting it sit for a hour or so will clear the code. Wait an hour then plug in the three connectors and then start the SS up and take it for a drive. See if that lets the ECU reset itself. This works on a 2015..... I PRESUME the 2016 is the same, however someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Your cheapest best is Digital Wrench at the dealership.

There is a aftermarket option to for around $350 too. See info on website below...

OBD Diagnostics

I think @RABTECH is using this and is pretty happy on it's functionality.
I second that this option works well to clear codes, but if its just for 1 code, better go to the dealer, 350$ to clear a code is expensive as hell ;-)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Rinda Technologies makes a line of diagnostic tools which support the MEFI-6 system.
It's not a standard OBD2 connector, and data signal is not the same either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's not a standard OBD2 connector, and data signal is not the same either.
That is correct, the MEFI-6 is not OBD2. The MEFI modules are used primarily on marine engines, the Slingshot engine just happens to use this module. I have several friends that have GM RamJet crate engines installed in their street rods, those engines also use MEFI. Most of them use the tools from Rinda to perform diagnostics on their engines.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No obdII port. To check the code, use the mode button on the dash to toggle through the mileage, trip odomenter, outside temp etc until you get the check engine displayed and hold the button in for a few seconds. It will display the fault code then. To clear the codes requires the digital wrench to be hooked up to the diagnostic connector and cleared either by your Polaris dealer or someone who has this equipment (almost nobody outside of the dealer does as polaris does not sell them to the general public)
On a 2019 SS, it was suggested that i try ignition on,off,on,off,on...then start engine...guess what it worked...code cleared...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is there an OBD2 plug on my 2016 ss? I have an engine light on and would like to check code and clear it. Im not sure how to figure it out. Most vehicles have the plug but not sure about these. Looks like the 169 dollar manual might be a good investment.
I think a list of the codes is on the forum some where.....someone will chime in with the list....and once fixed it should clear it self after a few drive cycles....good luck

·
Registered
42 Posts
mine is a 2018 SLR and i had a code P105 set
i tried the on off on off on and start and it cleared
Thanks for the info

1 - 12 of 12 Posts