Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the video it said 10 lbs but the distance is missing

any one have the full info how to do it with all the tension and measurement

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Orangeman i seen the video and as i said only 10 pound pressure is mention on the video but the belt travel distance for that pressure ( 10 lbs) is missing i

·
2,333 Posts
thanks Orangeman i seen the video and as i said only 10 pound pressure is mention on the video but the belt travel distance for that pressure ( 10 lbs) is missing i

16mm on a cold/dry belt with the Slingshot on the ground.........

If its less, you have low miles, and has never been adjusted, leave it alone ....... first recommended adjustment is not until 2.5K .........

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
You definitely must make sure the belt is cold and not driven overnight to do it right. When they warm up they shrink quite a bit.

·
Registered
201 Posts

If its less, you have low miles, and has never been adjusted, leave it alone ....... first recommended adjustment is not until 2.5K .........

What little tool is he using to measure 10 pounds of force? Can you do it without the tool?

·
Registered
53 Posts

I'm really concerned that the tension is way too tight (bearing damage, etc.). Mine is so tight that it has no deflection at all. Still leave it alone??

·
2,333 Posts
I'm really concerned that the tension is way too tight (bearing damage, etc.). Mine is so tight that it has no deflection at all. Still leave it alone??
That is what Polaris recommends but if there is any question definitely have your dealer check it .....IMO they should have at delivery ........

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Can someone uplaod the service manual pages for adjusting the belt tension?

I see the video and have read the posts, but I havent seen the pages from the service manual.

Please post if you have them.

Thanks!

Reactions: Sparky_Bill
1 - 20 of 22 Posts