Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just wondering how old everyone is. This seems to be a niche type thing that is geared to or attracting older riders. Likely for the same reasons I am drawn to it. I broke my back when I was deployed with the Army in 2012 and had to have a major back surgery. Medically retired now. But I have always wanted a motorcycle, but with my back now, can't ride one for any extended time. So this is the next best thing.

I am 27. I imagine there won't be too many other guys my age around here. Not many men my age have the expendable income for one of these.

They 2 or 3 I have seen around the LA area so far have all been in their 50's at least.
Well brother you would be on the young side for sure, but I am the one of the young ones in my group at 45 so... I'm not "Old" but I am considered a grown up LOL. Enjoy and try to stay young! I dont feel or look 40 I'm told and I have no real idea how to act my age so, I'll just have to wing it.

Cheers

·
Registered
132 Posts
Turning double Six this Friday! I look at it this way;
If 66 years old, then 6-6=0. I get to start all over.

Now if I can only remember everything I learned along the way.

Wow, just realized that I would be younger than my 8 year old twin daughters!

Barry

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just wondering how old everyone is. This seems to be a niche type thing that is geared to or attracting older riders. Likely for the same reasons I am drawn to it. I broke my back when I was deployed with the Army in 2012 and had to have a major back surgery. Medically retired now. But I have always wanted a motorcycle, but with my back now, can't ride one for any extended time. So this is the next best thing.

I am 27. I imagine there won't be too many other guys my age around here. Not many men my age have the expendable income for one of these.

They 2 or 3 I have seen around the LA area so far have all been in their 50's at least.
SWINGLO;
Thanks for your service. I retired in 1994 after 24 years in the US ARMY. I too suffered a back injury as well as a broken left ankle. I am a DAV but was able to continue service until 94. I have been riding 2 wheels for a long long time. 2 Hondas, MotoGuzzi and 3 Harleys. My last Harley was a Tri Glide. I had been having back problems getting on my Tri Glide. When I saw the SS SL, I knew that it was the one for me and the wife. I have no problems getting into and out of my SS SL. Mt Shot has a TD frame with a canvas top. Guess you can figure that I am over 50 by several years. (LOL)

·
Registered
90 Posts
@ 76 I'm not sure I want to grow up. So I have a formula for the Slingshot and age. For every mile I drive I get to subtract an hour of age. So at 89,000 miles since Feb 2015 things are going well......
WOW! I am younger by 4 years. Lead the way Ej!

141 - 151 of 151 Posts