Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,811 Posts
Sorry to hear about your back bro, I can't even imagine how that is especially being so young. I am 28 myself and the only reason i own one is because I am a civilian contractor out here in Afghanistan. I do agree that the majority of SS owners are going to be your older retirees who have the extra income to throw away the 20 to 26k. The other group of ppl are business owners and celebrities but there are definitely very few young ppl driving these around. It's just too expensive for the younger crowd like us to spend on something that at the end of the day is just an awesome toy. Take care man and if your ever down in florida when I'm home hit me up and we will go ride.
Been there done that...spent almost 5 total years in the middle east from Kuwait to Iraq, Afghanistan to Djibouti contracting for DoD and DoS. Done with that nonsense lol

·
Registered
296 Posts
48. In a Slingshot after going through a floor in a structure fire down into the basement. Tweaked a hip ending 25yrs of public safety and my ability to straddle a bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just wondering how old everyone is. This seems to be a niche type thing that is geared to or attracting older riders. Likely for the same reasons I am drawn to it. I broke my back when I was deployed with the Army in 2012 and had to have a major back surgery. Medically retired now. But I have always wanted a motorcycle, but with my back now, can't ride one for any extended time. So this is the next best thing.

I am 27. I imagine there won't be too many other guys my age around here. Not many men my age have the expendable income for one of these.

They 2 or 3 I have seen around the LA area so far have all been in their 50's at least.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Use the poll survey thread people, then we will know the average age for SS owners. Just my 2 cent thank you. I reckon I will have to put it back on top every week

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
I traded in my 2007 yamaha R1 and as much as i miss that bike, I would be lying if i said i wouldn't do it again. I love my SL more than any other bike i have ever had. =)
Since I moved back to the States my SS has filled many check marks. Europe is much more fun. It needs a supercharger/turbo not a straight turbo.

·
Registered
249 Posts
46... Going on 32 ;)

I've ridden street bikes and dirt bikes for many years! I love any and everything two-wheeled and motorized. Several years ago I got t-boned in my full size crew cab F150. Lady claimed she didn't see me... My first thought was how dead I would have been had I been on my bike... She didn't see my big black truck, certainly would not have seen my bike... From that point on I couldn't relax on my bike like I used to... Stopped enjoying it. So I sold the street bike and continued riding my KX at the MX track. Last year the street bike itch came back, so I picked up a really nice Victory Cross Country. Loved the bike but I just never really got into riding it for whatever reason. As soon as I saw the Slingshot I knew it was what I've been looking for all this time. Trade my Vic and have loved every mile I've put on the SS.

5 months and 3,200 miles for the SS vs 14 months and 1,100 miles for Vic... I think that tells the tale right there.:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Been there done that...spent almost 5 total years in the middle east from Kuwait to Iraq, Afghanistan to Djibouti contracting for DoD and DoS. Done with that nonsense lol
LOL Yeah i understand that perfectly! I work for vectrus now over in J-bad now and Im ready to come home and enjoy the fruits of my labor and get my back on my Sling and ride her like I stole her lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
I know how you feel man, I was t-boned by an F250 coming home from school one night and i bought me another bike about 4 months later lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering how old everyone is. This seems to be a niche type thing that is geared to or attracting older riders. Likely for the same reasons I am drawn to it. I broke my back when I was deployed with the Army in 2012 and had to have a major back surgery. Medically retired now. But I have always wanted a motorcycle, but with my back now, can't ride one for any extended time. So this is the next best thing.

I am 27. I imagine there won't be too many other guys my age around here. Not many men my age have the expendable income for one of these.

They 2 or 3 I have seen around the LA area so far have all been in their 50's at least.
30 year vet ( probably what made me crazy) I am 74 and my Slingshot will be arriving in two weeks . Gave up my Stratoliner two years ago and I am looking forward to the open air again.

121 - 140 of 141 Posts