Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

101 - 120 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just sliding in under the 50 mark 49 here.
After a few bad crashes too it was my wife telling me for years to get a trike
Told her I would give up riding a motorcycle 1st before I bought one , That was in till I saw the SS too cool not to try it.
Got to ride a demo SS Tuesday down at Libby's in New haven, Damon got one in for a couple of days called me told to come down and try it out.
Got to say it is bad ass loved it.
Now the hard part waiting till one comes in in August.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
38 and have had a lot of fun cars and fun bikes...just wanted something different because I got tired of all my friends having STI's when I had one. So I decided it was time for an SS. And here I am.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ok kids have a ball while the energy level will allow , I have 12000 miles on my SS this summer but sometimes when I get home after a days ride I feel 73 years old , oh I am . Wear the hell did my get away too.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Been riding Gold Wings for twenty years and did a lot of 19,000
mile years but never a 20,000 mile yr, Got 20,476 on the Slingshot
and will do probably 600+ this Sat when we meet up in Brown County Indiana to ride the hills, curves and enjoy the color. 17 years young with a little dyslexia.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I thought I posted this twenty minutes ago, must be getting old with too many drugs ( prescription). Anyway, 57 tomorrow!! If I make it home tonight.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I thought I posted this twenty minutes ago, must be getting old with too many drugs ( prescription). Anyway, 57 tomorrow!! If I make it home tonight.
Ride safe today ... to ride another day...got lots of years left...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just wondering how old everyone is. This seems to be a niche type thing that is geared to or attracting older riders. Likely for the same reasons I am drawn to it. I broke my back when I was deployed with the Army in 2012 and had to have a major back surgery. Medically retired now. But I have always wanted a motorcycle, but with my back now, can't ride one for any extended time. So this is the next best thing.

I am 27. I imagine there won't be too many other guys my age around here. Not many men my age have the expendable income for one of these.

They 2 or 3 I have seen around the LA area so far have all been in their 50's at least.
Sorry to hear about your back bro, I can't even imagine how that is especially being so young. I am 28 myself and the only reason i own one is because I am a civilian contractor out here in Afghanistan. I do agree that the majority of SS owners are going to be your older retirees who have the extra income to throw away the 20 to 26k. The other group of ppl are business owners and celebrities but there are definitely very few young ppl driving these around. It's just too expensive for the younger crowd like us to spend on something that at the end of the day is just an awesome toy. Take care man and if your ever down in florida when I'm home hit me up and we will go ride.

·
Registered
227 Posts
72 years young.
Sold the Harley, wanted a trike and then found the SS, love my SL.
Thanks to all who served in the military for your service.
I traded in my 2007 yamaha R1 and as much as i miss that bike, I would be lying if i said i wouldn't do it again. I love my SL more than any other bike i have ever had. =)

101 - 120 of 151 Posts