Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how old everyone is. This seems to be a niche type thing that is geared to or attracting older riders. Likely for the same reasons I am drawn to it. I broke my back when I was deployed with the Army in 2012 and had to have a major back surgery. Medically retired now. But I have always wanted a motorcycle, but with my back now, can't ride one for any extended time. So this is the next best thing.

I am 27. I imagine there won't be too many other guys my age around here. Not many men my age have the expendable income for one of these.

They 2 or 3 I have seen around the LA area so far have all been in their 50's at least.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Just wondering how old everyone is. This seems to be a niche type thing that is geared to or attracting older riders. Likely for the same reasons I am drawn to it. I broke my back when I was deployed with the Army in 2012 and had to have a major back surgery. Medically retired now. But I have always wanted a motorcycle, but with my back now, can't ride one for any extended time. So this is the next best thing.

I am 27. I imagine there won't be too many other guys my age around here. Not many men my age have the expendable income for one of these.

They 2 or 3 I have seen around the LA area so far have all been in their 50's at least.
Tat2bass, sorry to hear of your injury and thank you for you service and major sacrifice so the rest of us can enjoy our freedom to be here and be free. You are more right than wrong about the age issue and money does play a major part of that. I know when I was young, having an extra $20K to spend for this type of toy wasn't something I could do. But now being older (by a lot) and having the extra to spend as well as having the ability of the better half riding along side vs behind, makes this an easy decision.

·
Registered
186 Posts

31 yr old cancer survivor. I loved riding motorcycles before my diagnosis 2 yrs ago, but with after effects of chemo, my doctor wouldn't allow me to ride. Then Polaris released this beauty. I had to promise to wear helmets but my doctor loves it!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you in full remission now? Sorry if that is personal, but if so, CONGRATS man. Something I hope my kids nor myself ever have to go through. Had a Soldier that had to go through it last year and saw the toll it took on him. I also started a charity when I was in called "Big Soldiers for Little Soldiers". It was to raise money for Duke Children's Hospital and The Children's Miracle Network. Got a bunch of my fellow Soldiers together to send care packages and stuff to the kids in the hospital. Heart breaking to see a little kid suffering through cancer and all of the treatment.

·
Vendor
5,412 Posts
This is probably the 3rd age thread I've seen here. (Not complaining or being negative just saying it in case you want to check the other threads out.) There's also a thread with an age bracket poll. I believe the majority of owners are above 50.

I'm 36. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is probably the 3rd age thread I've seen here. (Not complaining or being negative just saying it in case you want to check the other threads out.) There's also a thread with an age bracket poll. I believe the majority of owners are above 50.

I'm 36. :)
Sorry man, I looked for one for a bit and didn't see one. Might have been in a different section I didn't think to look in. That is what I figured though were most are over 50.

But being a single(newly divorced!) 27 year old guy, it would be nice to meet someone else closer to my age to meet up and cruise around LA with!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Are you in full remission now? Sorry if that is personal, but if so, CONGRATS man. Something I hope my kids nor myself ever have to go through. Had a Soldier that had to go through it last year and saw the toll it took on him. I also started a charity when I was in called "Big Soldiers for Little Soldiers". It was to raise money for Duke Children's Hospital and The Children's Miracle Network. Got a bunch of my fellow Soldiers together to send care packages and stuff to the kids in the hospital. Heart breaking to see a little kid suffering through cancer and all of the treatment.
Still in remission and doing well. Just have to live life a little differently. Love my SS tho!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I broke my neck and severed my spinal cord, in 2006, year later got back on bike,im 46, but now its hard on me to ride so I traded my 08 streetglide so I could still ride, the slingshot is a blast and my wife can enjoy driving it also, tat2bass, and all service men and women, thank you for our freedom!

·
Vendor
5,412 Posts
Sorry man, I looked for one for a bit and didn't see one. Might have been in a different section I didn't think to look in. That is what I figured though were most are over 50.

But being a single(newly divorced!) 27 year old guy, it would be nice to meet someone else closer to my age to meet up and cruise around LA with!
Oh no man, don't apologize. :) Happy to see you here and glad you're into the SS!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts

I'm 42. Still looking into getting a slingshot. Where are you in LA?

1 - 20 of 151 Posts