Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father-in-law passed last Thanksgiving. He has a 2015 Slingshot with several thousand dollars in custom paint, if not far more, I believe my mother-in-law said he had over $20,000 in the paint and it's been very well maintained but it has something like 120,000 miles on it. My wife, brother and mother-in-law put it in an auction with.a reserve of $13,000 and were very disappointed that the highest bid was $12,000. I told them to have the auction house call and see if the person is still interested and take the $12,000 and run. Hell take $10,000 and run but they are very reluctant. What do you all feel like is a fair price? I wish I could find a better pic of it as the paint work is well done commemorative stuff for 9/11, police, firefighter, military. I am from the belief that a 350,000 mile Honda Civic with a $50,000 paint job is worth the same as one with factory paint but... What say you?

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
A friend in Northern Indiana just bought a 2016 with a beautiful 'wrap' and only 7,000 miles for
$10,000.00 ... Nice looking Slingshot but it was painted for your father-in-law ... Take the best off you can get.

·
Registered
2016 SS SL
213 Posts
Sorry to hear of your family's loss. The SS is only worth what you want for it. The value of a vehicle that has been customized or personalized does not necessarily increase value. If you have not looked on Slingshot Owners Group (SOG) join it and you may find a buyer for the SS. There are those who want a SS but don't want to wait the 3-6 months to get one. BTW- more info as to mileage, maintenance, miles on tires will help. Good Luck. Again, my sympathies to your family.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To answer the question is it paint or decals, yes it is hand painted by some lady in Ohio. He made several trips to her over the years. They put it in an auction and the reserve was not met $13000. Someone bid ten thousand on it and my mother in-law decided good enough and had the auction house track them down to see if they still wanted it so i guess it's going for ten grand minus auction fees. Hopefully someone else enjoys it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts