Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
I always try to keep a few on hand because of the bumper sticker "Watch for Motorcycles". I've yet to find anyone who was willing to trade me a motorcycle for a watch.

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
I don't wear them anymore since retiring so they are all locked up in the safe. In my collection are a Two tone Rolex Submariner, Omega 007 Seamaster, Cartier Roadster that are my highlights. I normally wear now the Titanium Casio World Time radio receiver since in my job previously as a Science Advisor for the European Command I was all over the world.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
How much money they are willing to spend to show off on their wrist?
That's a good question. I think that's the best part about it... There are many watches that are not super expensive but quality watches, (ie. Hamilton watches). Very reasonably price and a good movement. Of course, there are those bling effect watches with decent movement, with a high price... I like the UN-popular, well built, great complication type watches... The ones that looks like a $50 watch to majority of the population....

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
Theses are the watches that I used to wear and sit in the safe post retirement (less the Casio) Top left Rolex sub two tone, Cartier Roadster, Omega Seamaster 007 edition (the most accurate mechanical watch) Casio Protrek - world radio receiver, Rolex Sub in stainless, and finally the Breitling. It may be time to let someone else love some of these!
watches.JPG

·
out of POSER Status-Almost in the BIG BOY clique'
1,479 Posts
A little know fact about this watch. People think they call it a swatch because it's a watch that was invented in Switzerland. But it is not true, It was first patented in Croatia. They didn't think it was a good idea to call it a CROTCH, so they moved the plant to Switzerland and the rest is history.

Id wear a crotch on my arm;) (FEMALE):D

41 - 60 of 68 Posts