Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long is this original equipment tired going to hold up. We all know we're going be burning the hell out of it to start with.

What is the cost of that next replacement tire going to be?

Is there a tire out there that is an improvement on this in the terms of traction and reliability?

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I will be replacing mine as soon as I have as much fun as possible with it. ;)

No offense to Kenda but I will be replacing it with a larger size and, therefore, manufacturer.

In terms of traction and reliability - you will have to pick one - you can't have both. :D

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being there is only one back tire, I wonder if there are different stresses on the sidewalls of these tires than a 4 wheel vehicle. That may be why they had Kenda design a tire specifically for the SS.

If they would go ahead and deliver mine, I could be burning that tire up instead of having to much time to over think things:eek::eek:

·
Registered
52 Posts
They are saying 5000 miles "under normal use"...some of the ones we were running only had 300-500 miles and the tires were already WASTED!!! We were pretty much instructed to thrash on the things though so I wasn't surprised to see them getting eaten up already, several drivers were burning through 3 gears every time we stopped...

·
Registered
52 Posts
They claim it's a special tire that the "machine was built around" and they don't want you using other tires...

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I doubt there are any more stresses especially since the whole vehicle is lighter than normal and the weight distibution is like 65% front 35% rear.

I think the Kenda decision was just a teaming thing between Polaris and Kenda. Polaris probably got a swinging deal on tires (read:next to no $$$) which they will sell through the dealerships as well. Kenda gets market penetration as they are fairly new to the automobile scene.

I don't think Kenda's are OEM on any other car/truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts