Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone come across the actual dimensions of behind the seat compartments? I read someone was able to fit a helmet and a medium size bag in one.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I don't think they have published it anywhere that I can find.

Judging by the photo below (and assuming the seat belt is a standard 3") the opening behind the seat is roughly 22" wide x 28" tall. It looks like it goes below the opening on the left hand side by maybe 8"-10"? Not sure what the depth is but I would guess at somewhere around 24"

The driver's side has the battery in it so it is probably the same shape inside.

2014-polaris-slingshot-review-9.jpg

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I agree. Also, if you don't opt for the SL, there is room to hang a bag on the frame itself in the footwells. This is where they put the speaker system.

The glove box is also massive compared to mere mortal glove boxes (from what I hear anyway). It does look big in pics as well.
Polaris-Slingshot-dash.jpg

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought the SL, it's gotta be red. Shouldn't be any issue finding enough places to hide stuff four a couple days trip.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Doesn't look that big in picture, but my current saddlebags won't hold a helmet at all. In the video, it looks like the SS does it with ease. In my case, this will be a storage upgrade.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, I think the area behind the seats will fit a full face helmet. At least that's what I think I heard in one of the million reviews I've watched. :cigar:

·
Registered
414 Posts
The opening behind the seat is 300mm x 390mm or roughly 12 inches wide by 15 inches tall.

It appears there is enough room for either a full face helmet or a bag.
That's what I'm afraid of. I was real hoping it was "and." Of course you can also carry the helmet or lock it to the frame.

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's what I'm afraid of. I was real hoping it was "and." Of course you can also carry the helmet or lock it to the frame.
If you're carrying a bag the roll bars would be a good place to lock down a helmet. It gets pretty old dragging a helmet around.

·
Registered
843 Posts
For long trip i'll go with this kind of waterproof saddlebag attach on each Roll bar...!This one got 40L that mean 80L for 2!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
It sounds like that measurement does not include the glove which is nice and for those wondering how this compares to a car or something of that nature. it is only 1.34 CF short of a miata trunk space so it could actually be a grocery getter if you wanted it to be. (assuming your not trying to buy food for a month or shop for a huge family).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Add the spider Nets they are bungee attached and work great, they hold a LOT of stuff and are light I have used them for years

1 - 20 of 20 Posts