Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
You turn the key watch the needles move to the right then push the start button located on the dash when they are on the way back to zero.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You turn the key watch the needles move to the right then push the start button located on the dash when they are on the way back to zero.
I wish they had designed in a way to keep the radio on without having the key on and the lights and/or engine running. Like to play the radio while it is just sitting there, like at a car show, and I dread having to go into the dash and rewire.

Page after page of instructions on how to operate that radio in the owner's manual, and not one word on how to play it with the key off.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
I wish they had designed in a way to keep the radio on without having the key on and the lights and/or engine running. Like to play the radio while it is just sitting there, like at a car show, and I dread having to go into the dash and rewire.

Page after page of instructions on how to operate that radio in the owner's manual, and not one word on how to play it with the key off.
It is freaking annoying when you have a stereo that has to boot up. It starts to boot up when the key is turned on then when you hit the start button it interrupts the boot sequence to restart. I'm sure there is a way to wire around this freaking power disconnect when we hit the button.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts

Be careful of what your wishing for. You will be surprised how fast (even with the headlights off) the battery runs down.

·
Registered
544 Posts

I read on page 18 of the manual that you can turn the key one more click to "ACC", allowing you to remove the key and play the radio. I have done this, and it works as described.

·
Registered
210 Posts

Advantage of having a GREY BASE...That is how I wired my radio!

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
It is freaking annoying when you have a stereo that has to boot up. It starts to boot up when the key is turned on then when you hit the start button it interrupts the boot sequence to restart. I'm sure there is a way to wire around this freaking power disconnect when we hit the button.
RABTECH, over on the SV650 forum (www.svrider.com) Forum member D'Ecosse is a resident electric circuit wizard. He created a circuit to keep headlights OFF until after the bike is started. Should also work to keep the radio from booting until after vehicle is started. Headlight Cut Until Started Mod - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums He has versions for bikes that do NOT already have a headlight cut-out which would be best adapted for use on the Slingshot.
He has also posted some excellent ideas on other motorcycle forums.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
RABTECH, over ont he SV650 forum (www.svrider.com) Forum member D'Ecosse is a resident electric circuit wizard. He created a circuit to keep headlights OFF until after the bike is started. Should also work to keep the radio from booting until after vehicle is started. http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143456&highlight=cut He has versions for bikes that do NOT already have a headlight cut-out which would be best adapted for use on the Slingshot.
Thank you. Ill read up on how he does it and report back.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I read on page 18 of the manual that you can turn the key one more click to "ACC", allowing you to remove the key and play the radio. I have done this, and it works as described.
Yea not sure what is wrong with the ACC position. Just turn it to the on position, push the key in and turn it one more notch. Radio is on and the engine and headlights are off. Also handy in that the start button is disabled in this position.

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
It could be worse. Like having a windows based computer where you have to hit "start" then "shut down" to turn it off
More like: Start \ Shut Down -> Shut Down \ Yes
System Message: Windows cannot shut down
Microsoft Word has a document open on the network and cannot shut down. Please exit Word before shutting down.
Okay
Word \ Exit
System Message: Your document has been changed without saving the changes. Save changes?
No.
System Message: Are you sure?
No (-- crap!)
Word \ Exit
System Message: Your document has been changed without saving the changes. Save changes?
No.
System Message: Are you sure?
Yes
System Message: Document has been locked by another user and cannot be saved. Please contact user [your username] and ask them to close the document before proceeding.
[pull power plug...]

---
I'll contact RabTech and see if he's interested in selling the automatic switching circuits, if not I'll probably work it up and release it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
RABTECH, over ont he SV650 forum (www.svrider.com) Forum member D'Ecosse is a resident electric circuit wizard. He created a circuit to keep headlights OFF until after the bike is started. Should also work to keep the radio from booting until after vehicle is started. http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143456&highlight=cut He has versions for bikes that do NOT already have a headlight cut-out which would be best adapted for use on the Slingshot.
BKL, great info thanks. I am also a member of that forum

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
The newer models headlights and info system come on with the key and stay on through start, no reboot or headlight shutoff when starting. Harder on the battery, but it works. I wish the headlights didn't come on because we wait for the fuel system to pressurize before hitting Start (and it seems the time when a lot of people walk up and start talking), but no big deal. At night it's kind of nice anyway.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts