Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have funds in my checking account ready to go for the SS.

Do dealers take a check and let you drive away w/o knowing whether it's good?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Noah-
Picked my SL up yesterday. I took a cashiers check in. I guessed a bit because I was the first to purchase and there was a bit of question in my mind as to what was a "reasonable" dili Rey and prep fee. Basically, I took in a check for t
$24k( the msrp

·
Registered
48 Posts
I picked my SL up yesterday and paid cash. Basically, I took in a cashiers check for the msrp. I had placed a $1000 deposit prior. I had some questions for my dealer re shipping and set up fees. After a sime and fair resolution, I gave them my credit card for the difference. Piece of cake. Btw, worth every penny!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I picked my SL up yesterday and paid cash. Basically, I took in a cashiers check for the msrp. I had placed a $1000 deposit prior. I had some questions for my dealer re shipping and set up fees. After a sime and fair resolution, I gave them my credit card for the difference. Piece of cake. Btw, worth every penny!!!!
Sorry, my thumbs r big, but my brain is small. I think between the two fractional post, u got my point. Lol. Good luck and enjoy the trip:)

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I have purchased from my dealer in the past and i just write a personal check. Just depends if you have a past relationship with the dealer. I have brought a laptop case with 50000 in cash to a ford truck dealer. Long ago when times were alot better. Wish the economy was better for all of us..

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't want to go to the trouble of getting a cashier's check since I'm not 100% sure I'll buy it.

I guess 98% is pretty close though :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
What kind of dealer are we talking here? The responses could be pretty graphic :wideyed:

Swear to God, buddy was buying R1 at Willy World Honda in good old Joliet Illinois. Blk dude walks in "where da busa's at?" salesman, "have you ever ridden before?"
"nah"...."Well are you sure?" Opened a grocery bag full of 5s, 10s, and 20s.
"right the way sir" HAHA

I've written check before. They'll probably want to verify fund availability. They're actually pretty flexible if the deal's right and it will make something disappear off the lot sooner than later. Or, I've purchased a ducati on debit card. just made prior arrangement with Chase saying hey going to buy this motorcycle, it's this and this much. it's not a fraudulent transaction. So on and so forth, and they'll increase your spending limit for X amount of time. Or, green light a particular purchase. That's ez, they swipe. goes through, there is no fear on their end.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I just have my bank send a fax ( yes a fax ) letter stating that the funds are available and the check will clear and to call with any questions.
Done it 15 - 20 times, never had an issue.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yep, they could also just call if open. Any teller can rightfully say yes or no to the recipient of the check whether or not $X amount is immediately available. Too many scammers around here. They want to know if available right then and there. If they fax ahead of time, unless there is a personal relationship. The finance manager isn't doing his duty if neglects to phone and verify at that time.

·
Registered
291 Posts
When I bought my last Lotus, I wrote a personal check on my brokerage account. I also had them run $5K of it against my Visa (I wrote a corresponding check to Visa) to get miles.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I promise I had the same story. I sold a Black on Black Limited Edition 2002 Hayabusa. It had nearly everything on it chrome. I had a guy come from Florence AL to buy it. Their car was a hooptie and it wouldn't even start. The guy had two others in the car and they wouldn't get out. I cranked it and I asked if he had ever ridden a bike like it before. He said yes. He handed me 2 brown paper bags and said the 9000.00 was all there. My wife started counting an putting it all on the table while I gave him the stock parts off the bike. I walked back in and there was 2000.00 in hundreds. And the rest in 10,5,20 and a butt load of quarters.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I had never done business with Jackson MS Mercedes. They took a personal check on me for 118000.00. When I left I told my wife that was the only time I have ever had thought a company had a good reason to call a bank and verify funds. They didn't. I was amazed.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have purchased from my dealer in the past and i just write a personal check. Just depends if you have a past relationship with the dealer. I have brought a laptop case with 50000 in cash to a ford truck dealer. Long ago when times were alot better. Wish the economy was better for all of us..
Now rhe DEA would b greeting you

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
with all the different ways dealerships are handling the sale of the slingshot I would not be surprised if some dealer didn't take rubles

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Bitcoin?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts