Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just a cured to me while I was in the garage admiring my Slingshot, how do I prevent a would be thief from rolling my toy into a truck or trailer while I'm in shopping or watching a movie. Anybody have an idea how you can block the wheels?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Well congrats on your SS! Doesn't the steering have a lock when you take the key out? If not that's a definitely a big OHOHH!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no steering column lock, no FOB no alarm system. The Canadian version has a vehicle alarm system, the owners manual talks about it.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Not good! I'll depend on the cover to keep looky-loose out of the cockpit and now do research on alert alarm systems that'll tell you if your vehicle is being tampered with.
I saw a post on a good idea of getting a detachable steering system...no steering wheel...no movement!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Good point Eric! Well, I'll try a locking mechanism that locks the steering wheel to the clutch pedal and make sure it's in gear!

·
Registered
200 Posts
The only thing that will do...you will know wich direction your SS will go...
We are still able to put it in neutral and release the brake...

·
Registered
349 Posts
The only thing that will do...you will know wich direction your SS will go...
We are still able to put it in neutral and release the brake...
Ok you can put that steering wheel to pedal lock to a depressed brake pedal which will keep the SS from rolling....;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not good! I'll depend on the cover to keep looky-loose out of the cockpit and now do research on alert alarm systems that'll tell you if your vehicle is being tampered with.
I saw a post on a good idea of getting a detachable steering system...no steering wheel...no movement!
that was my post, that's what i intend to do plus an alarm system that's like a pager. people don't pay any attention to horns or sirens. it's not their concern. i had a siren in one of my cars it froze one nite. so I had to open the hood. the surrounding people looked at me and went on about their business. you are the only one that's going to pay attention to your SS yelping for help.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts