Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know how to connect a Garmin Zumo 665 to the infotainment center. I have the Garmin wiring harness, but upon looking at the back of the Infotainment Center I lack the necessary cable connections. Polaris can't seem to help me on this. Garmin has a 3.5mm output cable that won't adapt to my Slingshot. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I need to know how to connect a Garmin Zumo 665 to the infotainment center. I have the Garmin wiring harness, but upon looking at the back of the Infotainment Center I lack the necessary cable connections. Polaris can't seem to help me on this. Garmin has a 3.5mm output cable that won't adapt to my Slingshot. Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to the forum Ed Sadlo!
I am not quit sure why you need to hard wire this to your infotainment center. Your Garmin is Bluetooth capable along with your Slingshot, can you explain things a little better?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think what Ed is talking about is the audio integration kit, in order to have the 665 Garmin run thru the radio speakers automatically when it calls for a turn or route change, it will auto mute the radio so you can hear the directions. The 665 if I am not mistaken, also has the XM radio function as well. I had this setup one my last Harley and it worked perfectly , I believe the integration kit was around 100 bucks or so, but it was simply a plug and play.

Now Victory offers a Garmin audio integration kit for their Cruise bike with a radio, however I have no clue if that radio is the same as the SS.

I would love to know the answer to this as well as I also have that 665 Garmin and the only information about it is on page 110 of the owners manual stating that for this to work properly, it must have the audio integration kit installed.
Tom

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Ain't gonna happen. Welcome to the marvelous Slingshot infotainment system. It has no provision for an auxiliary input. If the garmin has Bluetooth you may be able to hook it with that. But there is not auxiliary input.
There is an auxiliary input, it is done through the USB cable in the glove box.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I think what Ed is talking about is the audio integration kit, in order to have the 665 Garmin run thru the radio speakers automatically when it calls for a turn or route change, it will auto mute the radio so you can hear the directions.
I would like to know this also.
Page 110 of the owners manual explains, but all auxiliary audio functions are connected through the USB cable in the glove box the way I read it. I am not familiar with the Garmin Zumo 660. Is this a possible solution?

Slingshot Audio1.jpg

Slingshot Audio2.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not related to the Garmin, however, I've used my iPhone as an audio source and nav through the stereo hooked up by USB. When the nav comes in, it cuts off the audio and says nav source (or something to that effect). It's actually quite nice. Only issue is you burn up data using the iPhone as a gps.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
What is the source of your knowledge on this? You speak with conviction, but lack any detail as to how you came to this conclusion. Please take the time to detail you knowledge on this subject. It would be greatly appreciated. In the mean time I will keep trying to pair via Bluetooth.

When I try to pair, the IC recognizes the Zumo and gives a 10 digit code. Then, when I try to enter the code the IC says "pairing failed"
try this post http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/new-video-12-14-kenwood-committed-no-turning-back-now.1818/page-2#post-38287

this thread http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/new-video-12-14-kenwood-committed-no-turning-back-now.1818/page-2

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Yes, Rabtech knows what he's doing. I never doubted it. He's rebuilding his sound system to better suit his needs. Some folks want more power out of the engine, some folks want better music some folks want more customization and I think Polaris is working on ways to increase luggage space and much more aftermarket stuff.

As for me, my budget doesn't allow me to change what I have already paid for. Besides, I think the stock SS sound system rocks. And Monday I will have proof as to whether the Victory Harness will work. As far as the radio speakers are concerned, I only listen to them if I'm cruising through town at low speeds. When I go cross country I where a pair of high end Klipsch earbuds that seal out all ambient noises and I get Zumo, turn by turn audio dirrections, Mp3 music, Xm music, or listen to an audio book. If I get in areas where I need to focus more on my riding skills, then I hit the mute button.
I argee Live to Ride. If I had Rabtech's knowledge I might attempt something with the sound. It seems like when I change stuff, more goes wrong or I have to cut, reroute, etc. I love the custom stuff but now I will keep mine stock, except the engine, and admire everyone elses modes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I talked to Polaris about Slingshot radio in the owner's manual on pg 110 it stated you use the audio integration kit for audio through there radio. Well it turns out they never made it and now after complaints they are starting to work on one but if they do will be months off. The plug in for Garmin 660/665 would be simple if you knew which pins in one of the 4 plugs. Garmin out put is a stereo female jack of which the voice an XM comes out of. They put it in writing so why isn't it done?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I talked to Polaris about Slingshot radio in the owner's manual on pg 110 it stated you use the audio integration kit for audio through there radio. Well it turns out they never made it and now after complaints they are starting to work on one but if they do will be months off. The plug in for Garmin 660/665 would be simple if you knew which pins in one of the 4 plugs. Garmin out put is a stereo female jack of which the voice an XM comes out of. They put it in writing so why isn't it done?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
@Live to Ride, I have a Zumo 660 and I plan on following your excellent directions here doing the install. I do have a couple of questions though, if you don't mind. When you turn on the Garmin can you still use the radio? Can I still bluetooth from my phone to the IC unit? In one of the posts you mentioned when the Garmin is on the only function that still works on the IC is the volume is why I am asking. You mentioned in post #110 that we didn't have to drill a hole anymore to route the wiring into the IC unit. Would you have a pic of that update?
This an awesome post and you put a lot of work into it, thank you very much.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts