Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I found out from these guys, and I'm drunk with anticipation for July 27th, and September 3rd as well if I'm to be completely honest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Web search lead me into this den of "don't know nothing" about something we've never seen forum full of info.......

We are waiting with expectation to see if this will actually operate in the high Rocky Mountains of Colorado.

Don't think the power plant in the Eilo would make it up the first hill out here west of town. Hopefully this will have something with a little more spunk.

Reactions: 4Nines

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Haha glad you found us! I used to live at 7,000 ft above sea level and would cruise up to 10,000 ft regularly. A lot of people don't realize how much power is lost at those high elevations.

% HP LOSS = 7000 x 0.03 x 1 = 210/1000 = 0.21 or 21% HP loss at 7000 feet ASL.

So you're right in the fact that a fun car at elevation needs to come with some decent horsepower in stock form.

·
Registered
265 Posts
We are always curious how members find our website. So, we'd like to ask you how you found SlingshotForums.net.

Search Engine? (Google, Bing, Yahoo?)

From another site? (Please tell us which one)

Friend?

Please let us know!
I got an automated email from the ranger/rzr forum site. Till then I never even heard of the Slingshot, but one day later I have a deposit down. Guess i Wont be getting my rzr 1000 now.

21 - 40 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.