Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
Thank you all for the encouragement. I was able to keep the leg but it was pretty useless for the first 6 months. The physical therapy was a bitch but I got most of the mussel groups working again and I can finally walk a little without cane or walker, even if a little more wobbly. I don't have any trouble driving the SS. It continues to get better and I got on my Kawi MC for the first time in a couple of years and went for a ride yesterday. Felt SO good!

Hope to see some of you guys/girls at SS in the Rockies this year.

Discussion starter · #64 ·
Do you have more recent pictures with the 4-wheel conversion on it?
Haven't taken a single pix since installing the Quad kit but will do that the next time I wash it and post it here. The 4th wheel really adds to the look.

With the canvas off the roof for winter/spring riding it looks like a cross between a dune buggy and a Hotrod. I keep getting asked how good it is off road at gas stops :rolleyes:. Of course the ground clearance is not enough for serious off-roading but dirt roads are a blast with the Quad kit on. WAY more rear traction in dirt.

Discussion starter · #65 ·
Wonderful news Otter! Pray for your contined recovery and progress.
Robert
Thank you Robert. All the prayers and encouragement I got from this group really helped me during recovery. Not to mention being very thankful when I saw my leg still there when I woke up after surgery :smug:

Otter, have you gotten to drive your hotrod out on the highway? I'd like to know if it doesn't feel like you're dragging a parachute above 70mph anymore, without all the fender/flares/flaps. Does it feel more powerful at those speeds now? When I get a chance, I'll be doing some work to improve airflow in that area (though not nearly to your level), and would like to set my expectations of possible improvement. I suspect those pieces are killing aerodynamics, but perhaps the wheel itself is more the culprit, as we pilots know there's almost nothing less aerodynamic than something round.

Discussion starter · #67 ·
I think removing the 'wings' did improve the aerodynamics in two ways. A bit Less drag and it eliminated the lift on the front end. I took it to 120 on Hwy 6 (longest straight road I ever saw!) on the way to CA and it is noticeably less 'floaty' feeling at that speed. I do track days and at 90 - 100 the cornering is much better without the wings.

OTOH, I also removed the entire stock front end which increased drag by increasing airflow under the SS and I have the canvas roof drag.

All in all, it came out a wash. Fuel economy is same as before, so yes, still feels like dragging a parachute at speed. I plan on doing a mod on front to deflect air from under the car to improve things.

Yes , they do come in Carbon fiber, either as a wrap or in the real thing.
These are wrapped
View attachment 169313 View attachment 169315
That looks great, especially being a wrap. Not sure what film that is but nice work! Thought that looked pretty low in the second pic and was wondering if it was one of our kits and then I saw a glimpse of the height sensor on the right ;). Any pics of the outside? Really liking your fenders and want to use them on a build in the future.

Sorry... I got behind on my lurking. You can contact me at Mark@threesdalife.com and I can send you links to the fenders, answer questions and there is a really informative thread on other forums that I can send you a link to. But FaceBook is my main source for info. I'm running some specials this month for sample fenders that I used during the show season.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.