Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
@Otter.... let me know if you need some ol skool numbers or decals, I can do that for you, or anything else you might need to tie in that hotrod, ol style racing theme!
Hadn't thought of that but I'm liking the idea. Something old school like the early Hotrod shop logo from Moon Equipment, the one with the big eyes. Wonder if those are still available?, will check online. Would be nice to have them sized to fit the available spots on the SS. Happy to cover your costs doing that.
Thanks for the idea Mark. Was sorry to hear about your dad.

Bump.... @Otter what's going on with this build?

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Not much new, Mainly just driving the snot out of it. Took one final ride today before going in for surgery on my leg. Good prognosis but there is a chance I could lose it. If the worst happens I'll still keep the SS but will swap in the rotary engine and auto trans from the Brat project.

Only change since last pix is some minor fiberglass fairings and trim which isn't obvious in the photos. Went back to the stock rear wheel and tire because the Motegi wheel with Michelin Pilot Sport tire was worn out after the Colorado trip. Also installed a Micron 4 lap timer for track days.
Took the canvas top off for the winter, sun feels good this time last of year.

Still have the aftermarket header and exhaust system and cold air intake and happy with the boost in power, see no reason for more so canceled plans for the turbo.

RD, if you're reading this let me know if you still need those mud deflectors. I finally found a box big enough to ship'em in.

Mark, but I'll be in touch about those Moon decals after I get done with this surgery!

Not much new, Mainly just driving the snot out of it. Took one final ride today before going in for surgery on my leg. Good prognosis but there is a chance I could lose it. If the worst happens I'll still keep the SS but will swap in the rotary engine and auto trans from the Brat project.

Only change since last pix is some minor fiberglass fairings and trim which isn't obvious in the photos. Went back to the stock rear wheel and tire because the Motegi wheel with Michelin Pilot Sport tire was worn out after the Colorado trip. Also installed a Micron 4 lap timer for track days.
Took the canvas top off for the winter, sun feels good this time last of year.

Still have the aftermarket header and exhaust system and cold air intake and happy with the boost in power, see no reason for more so canceled plans for the turbo.

RD, if you're reading this let me know if you still need those mud deflectors. I finally found a box big enough to ship'em in.

Mark, but I'll be in touch about those Moon decals after I get done with this surgery!

View attachment 42344
View attachment 42346
Well sir - wish you the absolute best of luck with your surgery, we will be praying for a complete and speedy recovery.

Wishing you a fast recovery!

A rotary would be pretty cool.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.