Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has not been a problem for me yet because the temperatures in north Ga have not been over high 60's foe a while, but noticed a lot of heat in the glove box after a ride.

Anyone in a hotter climate having any issues with excessive temperature in their glove box? Has anyone added some additional insulation to the firewall above the factory heat mat on the firewall on the passenger side?

Reactions: luckyone

·
Registered
792 Posts
I put a chuck roast in my glove box. I set the cruise at 55 for 2 1/2 hours. It was perfectly done when I got back! A little pink in the middle... Just the way I like it. The Slingshot is a better cook than my mom!

image.jpg

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Leftovers stay very warm in the glovebox and coffee never gets cold in the cup holder.

Also, even at 60 degrees feet stay toasty. Not looking forward to AZ summer riding weather.

Hopefully people can share pics and info of good ways to block the heat from the cabin areas.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It has not been a problem for me yet because the temperatures in north Ga have not been over high 60's foe a while, but noticed a lot of heat in the glove box after a ride.

Anyone in a hotter climate having any issues with excessive temperature in their glove box? Has anyone added some additional insulation to the firewall above the factory heat mat on the firewall on the passenger side?
The Catalytic converter is just the other side of the "firewall". Could be the reason for the HotGloveBox.

·
Registered
172 Posts
removing the cat and installing a header and exhaust out the back should help with heat, and a great excuse to buy performance parts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Heat is a major concern . does anyone have a SS and a infrared thermometer ?

Reactions: luckyone

·
Registered
791 Posts
removing the cat and installing a header and exhaust out the back should help with heat, and a great excuse to buy performance parts
If you figure a way to run an exhaust under the SS frame, let me know. Its loowwww

·
Registered
18 Posts
its way cheaper than anything else sold. I use it in all my Hot Rod cars. self sticking and you roll over it with a hard roller. Works great. Im going to put it on my firewall, and over the Trans to make it quieter

1 - 20 of 38 Posts