Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the guys that have the hood vents do you have the one that is cut out to reduce head in the motor or just a different design?

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Some owners have cut open the stock hood vent openings. I have the Paramount Plastics Hood vent which has large vent holes, but I haven't really noticed any cooling of the cockpit, so I assume the vent hasn't really vented enough air under the hood to cool the engine compartment.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Yea does it work. Do you notice a difference?
I think that where you live "depends" on how much heat you want to keep in the cockpit. I Northern Indiana a little 'warn' is nice as the sun goes down and the cool of the Spring and Fall. I believe @BKL is in Texas or just to hot all the time. My recommendations to the new guys is get some time in the seat before making to many changes. Some are hard to change back and be costly.

Enjoy your new ride....that's way we buy them. And remember that when it comes to selling a toy extra 'mods' are only worth about a dime on the dollar if your luckly.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I think that where you live "depends" on how much heat you want to keep in the cockpit. I Northern Indiana a little 'warn' is nice as the sun goes down and the cool of the Spring and Fall. I believe @BKL is in Texas or just to hot all the time. My recommendations to the new guys is get some time in the seat before making to many changes. Some are hard to change back and be costly.

Enjoy your new ride....that's way we buy them. And remember that when it comes to selling a toy extra 'mods' are only worth about a dime on the dollar if your luckly.
Now that it's summer around here, I can go a ride at 10:30 pm and still expect the temp to be around 85F+, although the temp usually drops closer to 80F by midnight.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got mine from the good ol guys at SlingMods and it is easy to install and works very well. The way it is made also helps keep any water out of the engine compartment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow that hood is sweet. Thanx guys. New at this.
I got mine from the good ol guys at SlingMods and it is easy to install and works very well. The way it is made also helps keep any water out of the engine compartment.
View attachment 184288
That's the same one I have on. I can feel the heat venting at an idle! Smoke and heat were venting well when my header wrap went thru it's curing in. I think that hoods vents work well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maverick 5990 or EJ any idea where you get that cut out Hood in the picture or is that a custom-made Hood with all the vents in it? I live in Phoenix Arizona right now it's 116 degrees!!That open type hood would be great here. Not too much rain to worry about either.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Maverick 5990 or EJ any idea where you get that cut out Hood in the picture or is that a custom-made Hood with all the vents in it? I live in Phoenix Arizona right now it's 116 degrees!!That open type hood would be great here. Not too much rain to worry about either.
That is my hood cut by a friend and he has done others. I don't think he will go to Phoenix. Sorry.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you know what he used to cut it out with? Any added reinforcement needed I can do that!!!! I got all kinds of a wac'em up tools!!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you know what he used to cut it out with? Any added reinforcement needed I can do that!!!! I got all kinds of a wac'em up tools!!!!
Cutting is the easy part. Knowing how to take the hood apart without destroying the pieces and putting it back together is the hard part!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts