Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone made the hood serated area (hood scoop)? functional..i have some ideas but looking if anyone did this yet..:) thanks

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
That looks so bad ass. It almost looks like you have a butane flame under the hood burning blue. Hate to tell you this. But I'm probably going to copy that this weekend!
Beating you to it Robert. i tried swapping mine to Kenny last weekend, but he didn't go for it. I'm going to have to try my hacking on it today so if it comes out looking bad, I can buy a new replacement one from Polaris

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
That shouldn't be a problem unless you leave it uncovered for a long period of time in heavy rains. if that's going to happen. just pop the hood and cover the top of the engine with a trash bag to keep the water out - the same way you do if you wash the s/s with a high pressure gun at the car wash

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beating you to it Robert. i tried swapping mine to Kenny last weekend, but he didn't go for it. I'm going to have to try my hacking on it today so if it comes out looking bad, I can buy a new replacement one from Polaris
Here is part#
VENT, HOOD, CENTER
5439644 $41.. not to expensive if you mess it up,,lol

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
HMMM, I did not even notice Kenny's hood.. Clever

·
I may not be right but I can sound like it
4,534 Posts
How do you plan to cut it out?? Possibly a dremel tool??

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
What does it take to get that piece off? Just that one screw on the bottom and some clips?
Thanks,
Stephen
2 screws only. The front one is the one that hits the cam cover and is a phillips head screw. The rear one is a t-25 torx screw. Then it pops off easily with no other attachments or clips.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I was thinking a pry bar and a chain behind my Ford

1 - 20 of 74 Posts