Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone use these pins? Do they stop the fenders from shaking? I don’t under start how they work.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Here are the Mniron pins that he installed for me on my Slingshot before he trailered it 1,846 miles from Minneapolis to my home in Washington state with JDriver. They lock the front corners down tight to eliminate the flap you get at high speeds or when being passed by a big rig. That's Mniron on the left.

DSC_0297.JPG
DSC_0305.JPG

·
Registered
688 Posts
@Mniron 's hood pin kits are a little more $$ compared to any other pins out there, but they are by far the superior pins. His kit comes complete with awesome step by step instructions and the quality / size of the pins are larger so they do not snap after a while. The other sets have smaller diameter pins and they have been known to break off.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hmm....good question.
I sent him a message to see if he still has his kit available. If I hear back, I'll update you!!
He might even see his name mentioned in this thread and respond as well.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Hmm....good question.
I sent him a message to see if he still has his kit available. If I hear back, I'll update you!!
He might even see his name mentioned in this thread and respond as well.
He's money making JOB has had him tied up pretty tight the last year and half.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
@RABTECH (no longer active on this forum after starting his own forum for slingshot info), installed Aerocatch hood locks on his Slingshot which he's driven at speeds around 150 +/- mph. They use a sliding horizontal pin to lock thru the hood pin and also have a handle that is vertical when not engaged. They also require a sizable, complex hole for installation. They're also available in key lock and keyless versions. Like @Mniron's kit, they're not cheap. Personally, I prefer the style where the pin sticks thru the hood with a sliding locking pin that is screwed to the hood. Amazon sells a wide variety of hood pins ranging from a few Dollars up to over $200/set.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Forum rules prohibit linking to other Slingshot forums. Try Googling "rabtech aerocatch" or "mniron hood pins".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did anyone use these pins? Do they stop the fenders from shaking? I don’t under start how they work. View attachment 184276
Those from slingshot only are mini buttons, I've used these and ended up getting some hairline cracks in my paint/clearcoat. I personally wouldn't recommend them. The ones from Mniron are bigger and installed diferently (much better, highly recommend). If you can find any, herd he dropped out. Good luck. Hope this helps.
PS Slingshot only has great products, just not this one

·
Registered
66 Posts
I installed a set from Slingmods (I think, it’s been a few years). They worked, but they only lasted about a year and a half—they are not robust enough to withstand the constant vibration. They work by the button on the hood capturing a knob on the end of a stud screwed into the frame (replacing the rubber bumper that’s already there). I’ve been told the ones by Mniron are much better, but before hearing that I installed a set of standard hood pins, which I don’t really like. They make opening and closing the hood very difficult since the hood moves up and front, but the pins are vertical, so the pin jams on the way up, and catches under the hood on the way down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts