Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I think I saw that someone was able to open up the hood louvers. This would appear to be a good way to get some of the heat out from under the hood. I looked at mine to see if I could remove the the outer louver. But I was not able to remove it.

If anyone has done this mod or removed the lover could you let me know how.

Cheers

Ralph

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts
I did mine...you have to remove the 2 torx bolts on the bottom side of the louver, then squeeze in the tabs and it pops off. As far as cutting the vents open you could use a saw or rotary tool.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did mine...you have to remove the 2 torx bolts on the bottom side of the louver, then squeeze in the tabs and it pops off. As far as cutting the vents open you could use a saw or rotary tool.
it might bring the exhaust smell right in your face too
I only found one screw last night, but will look again. I was not able to squeeze the tabs, will have to try harder.

As for the exhaust, I think I will see what happens with the louver removed. It will look like crap but I think it will work as a test.

Thanks for the help and the input.

Cheers

·
Slingshot Aficionado
1,486 Posts
Pics?

·
2,333 Posts
How is it in the rain...does the top of the valve cover and coil tunnels fill with water ?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Inquiring minds want to know ( at least mine )

Doug

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How is it in the rain...does the top of the valve cover and coil tunnels fill with water ?

My guess is that the water would collect there at a stop or left out in the rain. I think that while driving it would not be an issue. I don't know if I will really be able to test this.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sounds good to me.

Doug

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
One of the first things I did. At first I was not sure if it would be fogging up the windscreen but almost 5000 miles later its not been anything but a good thing. Lots of heat escaping out the vent.;)

Is that a result of cutting that or removing those two screws and popping them out? I like that and it's functional, so definitely on my list of things to do.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
As the gang mentioned above there are two Torx screws, 1 on each end and some hard to bend tabs on the sides to get it off the hood. The vents are not scribed so you will have to mark them and cut to remove the material.

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts
and I have noticed NO FUMES OR EXHAUST ODOR coming from the vents.

Reactions: nipper51 and FBOM

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One of the first things I did. At first I was not sure if it would be fogging up the windscreen but almost 5000 miles later its not been anything but a good thing. Lots of heat escaping out the vent.;)
After seeing this and your input mine will be cut tonight. :)

·
Slingshot Aficionado
1,486 Posts
how did you get such clean lines on the cuts?

Reactions: td2222
1 - 20 of 41 Posts