Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a small dimple in your hood from the inside about 4 " up and on center from the hood logo? Looks like something has made a small bump in that location. I have the hood open and close procedure down and can do it alone. The 6-8" drop when closing works well , and all hood latches are catching at once. Maybe this drop has caused the dimple, not sure.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At the right angle on the outside of the hood mine is a noticable small bump. Maybe bring up to my dealer. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
508 Posts
It probably happen during removing it from the molding or production remove the plastic to early and ended up kinking the plastic while it was still hot....ouch..ouch..ouch!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I got blemishes in my paint and body from front to back , The most horrible paint and body work I have ever seen on something new . The only way to fix it would be a whole new body for it- or take it to a good paint shop . 280 miles on it .

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I noticed this on mine today also. It is hard to see unless you are in the correct light. To me, it looks like it has always been there and was a screw up with the mold or something.

I will see if I can get a pic that shows it.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I got blemishes in my paint and body from front to back , The most horrible paint and body work I have ever seen on something new . The only way to fix it would be a whole new body for it- or take it to a good paint shop . 280 miles on it .
That sucks man, sorry to hear....Seems hit and miss.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thought about bitchin about it to the dealer ,but it adds to the character of the whole thing and I like that- I think . A brand new machine that was rushed out of the factory just not quite finished . Just how unfinished -I carry a tool kit every place I go and hope I don't need it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts