Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Hitch and Trailer

6K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  BikernDiver 
#1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum, but looking for any suggestions for hitch/small trailer for a 2019 SS - any suggestions/pictures would be very much appreciated.

M

#2 ·
Your tow vechiel is #1 question. Than trailer and there are lots of options, opened
need at least a 7 x 14---you will probably need a 1/2 ton tow package, If your going to a closed trailer 8 x 14 or larger and you will probably want to go to a 3/4 ton tow vechiel. tow dolly made for the slingshot great vender SS Body Kits,com Tow Dolly kit,

There are also some enclosed trailers made for the Slingshot.

Here's a picture of my 7 x 14 open with a 6 ft gate

ready to head to Florida in Jan.

This is a Polaris Towing cover works every well.
I did pull to Florida the first year with a Ford Edge

but it's a little small so now use a Lincoln Navigator (2014)
and does a supper job. and uses less gas than the
Edge for the job.

#9 ·
If you're looking for a hitch to attach a small motorcycle trailer to the Slingshot, look at Slingmods / Wycked Hitch It does take sometime to install and is a bit more expensive than some of the others, but it is mounted high to the frame and not the swing arm. There may be other that aren't mounted to the swing arm, but I haven't seen any. I have this and a CanAm Freedom trailer (with in a shade of the Sunset Red) on my 2018 Slingshot SL. A friend of mine also made a 3 flag mount that goes into the hitch when not pulling the trailer. On the flag mount I have a brake light (same you'd find for any vehicle) and another brake light that I can put in if I'm not towing or flying flags. Love this hitch.

Attachments

#10 ·
I also have the Wycked Hitch, easily tow a SylvanSport Go trailer. Had a custom hitch adapter made for the trailer so I could use the high ball hitch and not the drop hitch adapter. The GO trailer is a pop-up nylon tent camper, but can be used as a utility trailer as well. I also had a custom rack made to carry the cartop carrier and a 270watt solar panel.

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
The trailer with solar panels looks awesome. I want the same for my RV.
Depending where you live, your local trailer and RV service Center can do it. If you're in Nevada, Las Vegas Boat and RV is a veteran owned business that stands behind their work. They support the radio show Veterans Talk/The Forgotten Promise. Shows are available on Facebook (vtrc.us) under videos. You can call Scotty at 702 - 427 - 9923.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.