Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

High Hanging RPM's

49K views 322 replies 66 participants last post by  Doc 
Mine held at 2500 to 3000 twice today. Not happy about it.

Maybe.i can rate another dislike on this one. I deleted my other post here because someone didnt like it.

Go out and open your hood of the SS. Find the mass air flow sensor.

Let me know what you find.

I have already located it. And ill give you a hint. It aint in the intake tube. That would be a air intake temp sensor.

Ill give you the rest of the story soon as someone post where they find it

Another hint. Its where it should not be. I just left a shop with a brand new 2.0 ecotech was being installed and had a long discussion about the cramped space they have worked the intake into. The intake runners are fine. Its that actual distance from the throttle butterfly to the mass air flow meter. But I aint no scientist. So my theory is just a theory

RABTECH, I did not get a chance to read your deleted post. But if you believe in your post. Let it ride !!!! To heck with those that don't agree !!!!!
I guess im trying to make friends. Dont want ro make anyone mad. I have a friend that has an old datsun. And way to much money. He is dropping a fresh gm 2.0 ecotec into it. And the guy installing it pointed out several shortcomings of the intake tract. He said all of them cound be overcome by software. But the placement of what he thought was the mass air metering device (which is directly behind the throttle butterfly) was going to be difficult to meter exactly. Now seriously he got way above my pay grade at that point. So I needs another tech to go out and see what he was talking about

Unless the MAF is integrated into that curved piece of air duct just after the ail filter, I can't spot one under the SS hood in the photos. There is an electrical connector going to that duct but that looks like the inlet air temp sensor. If there isn't one there, this must be a speed density EFI system that doesn't need one. Anyone out there with a SS see a MAF sensor?
Dang otter. Your on the ball. Look right past the throttle body. You will see a plug and it runs on the engine side

Reactions: Tater and Mike Mtl
I am curious what octane fuel are the ones having problems running and does it have methanol. If somehow these ecms got by without having a low octane or flex fuel flash it could cause this problem.
I run pure gas. 93 Octane and mine does it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.