Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

High Hanging RPM's

49K views 322 replies 66 participants last post by  Doc 
I am an ASE certified and have been for about 35 years. Here is something that may be worth trying. A Chevy when new has what is called a blem cell installed in the ecm programming and is designed to keep the engine in specific perimeters for break in. When it expires the programming changes idle strategies and various other things. My thoughts are that this needs to be reset and can be done in two different ways. The first would be to hook it up to a scanner and reset it or the second way would be to disconnect the battery and place the + and - cables together for 30 seconds to discharge any capacitors that may allow it to save its memory. then reconnect the battery and drive it at different speeds while clutching it and coming to a complete stop several times. This will allow the ecm to relearn a new idle strategy. It would be worth a try and at no cost.
Wow outstanding info Nathan. I will try this tonight. Thank You!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.