Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

High Hanging RPM's

49K views 322 replies 66 participants last post by  Doc 
I called every dealer in Florida and the norm is that there are full of it. The last Polaris rep I spoke to agreed that owners should call Polaris to start a case and then have the dealer use that case # when working on the vehicle. That tells me that they know their dealers don't do thier job right.
Im not ready to throw Florida dealers under the bus quite yet .

I guess you haven't had much experience with them. I had to cancel my deposit with 3 dealers because of shady shit. Then had to call every dealer in Florida and the southern parts of Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi. Most Florida dealers lied to get my business. There was only 3 or 4 that was surprisingly honest. I am not saying that all Florida dealer are full of it just most of them.
Im confidant in
Best Buy Victory Polaris Fort Pierce, Florida
And Cycle springs in Clearwater .

I asked a friend in the business to review this thread And this is what he said.

Dealers are not preparing them correctly. One they are leaving the battery cables loose. Two the tension on the drive belts are not set. Three the rev limiter is not set on computer. But they will all say they did it. I have two come to our shop and the only thing their dealer did was put on mirrors one was loose and put gas in it. Polaris biggest challenge will be the dealers are not trained in automotive. But again to get these dealers to admit their short comings will never ever happen. But the consumer only worries about price part of the purchase. I only had one customer wanted to know about if we had equipment and training on this vehicle.

Narrator: A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.

Business woman on plane: Are there a lot of these kinds of accidents?

Narrator: You wouldn't believe.

Business woman on plane: Which car company do you work for?

Narrator: A major one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.