Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am in southeastern Michigan. I am a 40yr. old man. I like playing Call of Duty on PS3/4 I heard about the Slingshot on the "Car Buzz" app. the day of the announcement. A day or two later, ran to the dealer. He told me they each get three(2 SL,1SS, I know that changed). I thought about it over night, and put my deposit down the next day. Like the rest of you waiting ever since.
I have a '02 Triumph Thunderbird, I just like that classic look. My first bike was a $900 Kawasaki (440Ltd?). I like reading Car Buzz and learning about New cars and tech. I would not however say I'm a car guy. I would like to have lots of cool fast toys. A modest income forces me to temper expectations. The Slingshot will be my first sports car(ride style)/BIKE.
I really wanted an Ariel Atom when they came out. By the time I was ready to spend 30,000 on a toy, the price jumped to 55,000.
I have been watching the forum for a while. And didn't sign up because I had no input or info. I have since posted a couple videos and some posts. Everyone seems pretty nice, and I look forward to chatting and possibly meeting with some of you guys and gals.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Welcome, Wolf! When did you see that SS in your photo?

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Hi all. I am in southeastern Michigan. I am a 40yr. old man. I like playing Call of Duty on PS3/4 I heard about the Slingshot on the "Car Buzz" app. the day of the announcement. A day or two later, ran to the dealer. He told me they each get three(2 SL,1SS, I know that changed). I thought about it over night, and put my deposit down the next day. Like the rest of you waiting ever since.
I have a '02 Triumph Thunderbird, I just like that classic look. My first bike was a $900 Kawasaki (440Ltd?). I like reading Car Buzz and learning about New cars and tech. I would not however say I'm a car guy. I would like to have lots of cool fast toys. A modest income forces me to temper expectations. The Slingshot will be my first sports car(ride style)/BIKE.
I really wanted an Ariel Atom when they came out. By the time I was ready to spend 30,000 on a toy, the price jumped to 55,000.
I have been watching the forum for a while. And didn't sign up because I had no input or info. I have since posted a couple videos and some posts. Everyone seems pretty nice, and I look forward to chatting and possibly meeting with some of you guys and gals.
Welcome Wolf! I too had a 440 at one point. She was my first belt dive. :)

·
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome, Wolf! When did you see that SS in your photo?
They brought it to my dealer the weekend of the Woodward Dream Cruise. Three? Weeks after announcement. Thank you for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Wolf, your walk around video was excellent. And I learned a bit from the trailer loading video as well. Thanks

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Welcome to the form Wolf, Nice to have you among us. Don't worry we got your back :)

image.jpg

PS did the piece of wood get stuck under the slingshot when it was loaded on the trailer? ( on your video)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi Wolf.
Welcome to the forum. Great group of folks
on the forum. Tons of info. Nice walk around
video.
Don't forget to check out the vendors. They
have some really cool products. Can't wait
to see what's all available in the coming future.
Enjoy the SS when you get it.
Take Care.
Happy Holidays.

·
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the form Wolf, Nice to have you among us. Don't worry we got your back :)

View attachment 2540

PS did the piece of wood get stuck under the slingshot when it was loaded on the trailer? ( on your video)
No, the piece of wood just as you can hear spanked the SS. They pushed it up with out a problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts