Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its been mentioned a bit here and there, but I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread about the fact that some Polaris reps are telling their dealers that they cannot sell their first two units.

So, anyone in the know want to chime in with the straight poop. Obviously there are plenty of dealers that have sold and delivered their first units, so why are some adamant that Polaris is telling them they have to hold them?

Hey Polaris, your customers have a right to the truth. Care to speak up?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I know its been mentioned a bit here and there, but I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread about the fact that some Polaris reps are telling their dealers that they cannot sell their first two units.

So, anyone in the know want to chime in with the straight poop. Obviously there are plenty of dealers that have sold and delivered their first units, so why are some adamant that Polaris is telling them they have to hold them?

There was a post last week of a guy who called Polaris customer service, they said there is no rule for any dealership on keeping one or two for the floor. Once the guy called his dealer back they admitted that they lied.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts

I wish they would too.....But nobody from Polaris is going to come here and say one word about anything.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I've been saying forever, since the conference, no one told nobody to keep a demo, that seriously has been up to the dealer. If that were the case, we would have already gotten in trouble for selling ours. :p
Some dealers thought it would be a good idea when word got out some were keeping theirs, and maybe for them, that makes sense, but these are in such limited supply that would be considered cruelty to withhold one from someone who paid us when Polaris even said dealers would get THREE in OCTOBER. XP

·
Registered
186 Posts
So what about the comment in one of the faxes about dealers not getting more shipped until the first ones were sold? I don't remember exactly how it was worded but several on the forum read it that way.

Kip - does that mean the dealers who are keeping the first two are screwed on getting additional units?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Polaris did in fact initially tell the dealers that signed up back when the SlIngshot was first announced that they were supposed to keep their initial shipment for demos. Something obviously changed, and the problem is that it now creates a situation of inequality.

Regardless of whether Polaris is desirous of policing their dealers or not, they have to realize that their actions or in this case inactions are creating bad perceptions in their buying public. Ultimately the release of the product and the responsibility of a fair and equitable process of delivering to their paying customers lies with them.

Polaris needs to own up and make an announcement.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
So what about the comment in one of the faxes about dealers not getting more shipped until the first ones were sold? I don't remember exactly how it was worded but several on the forum read it that way.

Kip - does that mean the dealers who are keeping the first two are screwed on getting additional units?
Probably not completely screwed. Polaris said dealers will always have three on hand. Once one gets sold, you get sent a new one. That's after Polaris makes enough to keep up with demand, of course. But, yes, that will slow down allocation, I believe, because why would they saddle a dealer with more than three if they're keeping one as a demo?

Polaris did in fact initially tell the dealers that signed up back when the SlIngshot was first announced that they were supposed to keep their initial shipment for demos. Something obviously changed, and the problem is that it now creates a situation of inequality.
I disagree. I was there for the unveiling and the info seminar and never heard this.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Some dealers are keeping both of the initial units as demos.
And they would be very unpopular in my book. ONLY when they had all their pre sold units delivered would that be acceptable in my book. That is my opinion and Im sure others here as well.

Reactions: Eric

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I canceled with my 3rd dealer a couple of weeks ago when he tried me with that BS. Told him he was lying and he agreed but was still keeping his SL.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I canceled with my 3rd dealer a couple of weeks ago when he tried me with that BS. Told him he was lying and he agreed but was still keeping his SL.
My dealer handled me more or less the same way.

Polite words, but the meaning was clear 'FU, now go away until we get more'.

I do agree with W though, pretty gutless of Polaris not to give us a clear word on this from the horse's ass. I mean MOUTH!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I went for service and the sales person knew I was there with a slingshot. So no need to bs me but that didn't keep him from talking so much shit. He said they have been getting in units every or day or so and so far had 5 of them delivered to clients. Plus his dealer was the first in the nation. Lying just to lie.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My dealer said the rep told them they had to keep am sl and a base on floor. They can't even let people drive them. Sounds like this is kind of a cluster baha

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I disagree. I was there for the unveiling and the info seminar and never heard this.
Let me rephrase that..... From the beginning some of the control freak reps were espousing this garbage. And Polaris needs to recognize this and understand the meaning and implication of the title "Rep" or "Representative" and square it away with the ones that really matter.......the end users, aka the customers.

Obviously you have a good rep, and you are a good dealer.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Let me rephrase that..... From the beginning some of the control freak reps were espousing this garbage. And Polaris needs to recognize this and understand the meaning and implication of the title "Rep" or "Representative" and square it away with the ones that really matter.......the end users, aka the customers.

Obviously you have a good rep, and you are a good dealer.
Thanks for the clarification. I agree, a bad rep can give a dealer a bad rap.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts