Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Totally disagree with you bud! My dealer has been awesome,they have treated me great! They have no reason to lie to me, they where willing to give me my full payment back if I was not satisfied. They have at this moment 52 deposits I am sure they could get rid of my Ss in a new York second. Sorry if you might of had some bullshit fed to you bye your dealer, but so far I have no complaints! Whether my Ss turns out running awesome or not its not my dealers fault. They sell them ,they don't make them.
congrats shooter, it's about freak'n time, enjoy and stay safe

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Totally disagree with you bud! My dealer has been awesome,they have treated me great! They have no reason to lie to me, they where willing to give me my full payment back if I was not satisfied. They have at this moment 52 deposits I am sure they could get rid of my Ss in a new York second. Sorry if you might of had some bullshit fed to you bye your dealer, but so far I have no complaints! Whether my Ss turns out running awesome or not its not my dealers fault. They sell them ,they don't make them.
Just my sarcastic humor Shooter.....:) And it's not just some bullshit I've had fed to me.
If they're talking, they're usually lying. ;) I'm jaded against all stealerships.

I'm totally happy and excited for you, I wasn't trying to be serious, just hoping you'd get a chuckle out of it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have a SL built late Feb 15 and I have had nothing but good things in the first 1000 miles . I have the angle drive noise but was told about it before I bought it , my paint is excellent as is panel fit ,ride ,handling ect.
My500 mile service was done on time while I waited and I was given the option of watching or sitting in the lounge watching T V .
I don't know what they could have done better. This is about my 75 new bike ,1st from this dealer, but as good of service as I have ever had, and as good a 1st year bike as I have had.

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
As an owner who babies his SS, there are some things that need improvement. The transmission housing and swing-arm should have the aftermarket covers. The radio antenna is at best "serviceable" on some models, poor on others (not consistent). The hood latches generally start off "okay" and get worse. Wheel alignment depends on your dealer and cumulative error. The rubber-like hood pads need decent glue, and the driver's side needs to be thicker to stop the mirror from vibrating. The passenger's side is tight and the mirror doesn't vibrate, but the hood rubs the mating paint. Hood fitment is close, but not quite there. The driver's side plastic under the roll-bar may not be tightened 100% due to fitment. The shifter knob screw needs thread-lock, as do a few other parts. The stereo system is...well, it tends to work most of the time, and parts of it work fantastically, let's just say it's good value for the money. They seem to have removed the Canadian security system, still not sure on that one. I believe most of the other quality issues have been addressed, but it's a "kit car," make no mistake.

On the other hand, it's fantastic value for the money, and definitely a head-turner. Before the girlfriend and I bought the Slingshot we discussed the shortcomings, the work it would probably need (it's really a gamma test unit in my opinion), and typical "kit-car" unknowns, and we concluded the benefits outweigh the shortcomings. The quality and build exceeded our expectations, and it's been relatively low maintenance. We love it, and drive it at every opportunity. Other people love it too, we're always getting compliments--it's rather difficult to go anywhere without getting attention. FUEL Powersports in West Bend, Wisconsin has been incredible, they've done everything possible to make owning the Slingshot the best experience imaginable. Factory support is improving, and we look forward to Polaris ironing out the remaining issues. The Slingshot community is awesome, definitely full of great people--thank you for taking the time to share your solutions and experiences!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts