Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For an open top manual shift ,manual parking brake ,not knowing if steering column can be locked , what do you recommend for an after market security system

·
Registered
183 Posts
As some idea's posted in the above link I think.
Some of us were thinking About bolting the seats
in the forward position and maybe installing
A quick disconnect steering wheel. As for alarms I would look into
Alarms that have perimeter alarms, like if someone reaching in it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Interesting problem. With a Spyder they have a Digitally Encoded Security System which means you need the key if you want to start it. Additionally the wheels can be locked to one side so if you think you are going to push it away you will only go in circles. I would hope that Polaris had thought this through.

Honestly, most people couldn't start a Spyder with the key because there is a non intuitive launch sequence that only Spyder owners would know.

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
Agreed. The spyder has a very humorous start sequence. I'm thinking it's going to be like anything else. You can get some deterrents together, but if someone wants it they will take it. Similar to doors on a house.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
With digital keys and ECUs there is no excuse for a manufacturer to not make it virtually impossible to start the machine without the key. Anybody know if the SS key is digital or old school bumpy stick?

·
Registered
13 Posts
What is the start sequence for the SS? Does it have a "real" key or wireless key or no key or something else?

·
Registered
105 Posts
There is an option for a security code from the factory. You need the right key and have the option of the code to supplement your SS security. With the code in place you can turn the key and get power, but no ignition.

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
With digital keys and ECUs there is no excuse for a manufacturer to not make it virtually impossible to start the machine without the key. Anybody know if the SS key is digital or old school bumpy stick?
Bumpy stick in U.S.

The Canadian models have a security system built into the ECU, nobody has answered how to enable it on U.S. models. Dealer has no clue it even exists. Shop manual has no info. either.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Having the ignition switch in my hand couple months ago (tying to cover water entry holes) I do not believe it to be anything other than a bumpy stick switch.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Bumpy stick in U.S.

The Canadian models have a security system built into the ECU, nobody has answered how to enable it on U.S. models. Dealer has no clue it even exists. Shop manual has no info. either.
Aftermarket money to be had.... :D
I would buy that... Even if Polaris offered it as an accessory at a reasonable price.... Want happen but one can dream.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts