Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased the light package off Amazon and the new upper and lower body panels. They fit great and look great. The lights are daytime running and yellow turn signals when activated. The running lights work but the turn signals will not come on and freeze the flasher when activated. Has anyone been able to wire the new lights into the turn signal harness. Seller said to install a separate switch and activate when turning. Don't want the extra step when making every turn. Don't think that's safe for everyday riding. Need a new relay or change the flasher???

·
Banned
141 Posts
I ran into the same thing. I installed relays on each front turn signal. I used the DRL wire to power the relay and the turn signal wire to trigger the relay. I had to run all front turn signals through the relay, including the factory signal. I had to do this on both sides. I used the small relay, like what is used in the factory fuse box, mounted behind the front lights.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Aftermarket LED turn signal strips often put too much of a load on the stock flasher.
I added a 220 ohm resistor in-line with the turn signal input on my combo DRL / Sequential turn signal led strip.

Has worked perfect for almost 4 years now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts