Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new 2019 SL. I want to get one of those support brackets for a cell phone mount.
Couple questions -
to install the support bracket, do I need to remove the factory radio / screen?
if so, how do I remove it? I have read many posts saying it is just 4 screws holding it in, but I do not see any screws on the front.

any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

·
Registered
683 Posts
Which cell phone mount support bracket do you have? Link to it.

My radio setup had 2 screws, they are under the plastic fairing to the top left/right of the radio. That just pops off with, takes a bit of tugging to remove them the first time, they snap in, so just pull straight up. Best do it with the hood up, so you can get it completely off and out of the way.

·
Registered
116 Posts
wokka’s answer confused me. I have a 2017 SLR and have had my radio out numerous times. There are 4 torx screws that hold the faceplate on. Once removed the radio comes right out. I don’t know if the 2019’s are different. Raising the hood on mine would have no effect on pulling the radio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up a new 2019 SL. I want to get one of those support brackets for a cell phone mount.
Couple questions -
to install the support bracket, do I need to remove the factory radio / screen?
if so, how do I remove it? I have read many posts saying it is just 4 screws holding it in, but I do not see any screws on the front.

any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance
I picked up a holder at Bestbuy around $35.00 suction cup, no holes to drill. I live in Houston where its gets HOT and its held up fine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts